Chapter Two

I ended up not going to school with Henry today. I slept in and by the time I got up, he was gone. Dad was out working and I was left alone. I spent the day playing guitar and reading 'The Great Gatsby' outside. It was a beautiful day and I didn't want to spend it cooped up inside. When I had had enough, I decided to ride my bike around town. I barely ever got to do this back home with mom. Where we lived, there were a shit ton of hills. I tried to ride my bike there, but I would always end up getting hurt. Derry was perfect for biking.

It was almost 2pm and I thought I should be heading back before Henry gets home, this way he wouldn't worry about me. As I turned the corner, I ran into another girl who was riding her bike. We both fell to the ground. When my head stopped spinning, I finally got a good look at her. She had fiery red hair and ocean blue eyes.

"Shit- I'm am so sorry" I said as I got up and offered my hand to her to help her up. Thankfully she took it.

"No, it's fine" she said.

"No it's not. I should have been looking where I was going"

"Hey, I said it's fine" she laughed as she brushed herself off.

I still felt like a complete idiot.

I decided to end the awkward situation by introducing myself.

"I'm y/n" I said as I held out my hand.

"Beverly Marsh" she said as she shook it. "You're new, aren't you?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Everyone knows everyone in Derry"

I laughed at her comment.

"I like you, what's your number?" She asked as she handed my a piece of paper and a pen.

I wrote down my number and handed it back to her.

"I'll see you around, y/n" she smiled as she continued on her way.

Wow. Day one and I had already made a friend. I guess I just need to run more people over in the future.

As I continued down the street, I came across the school that Henry attended. I walked along the sidewalk and passed a group of boys throwing their books into the trash can. They looked my age and were all pretty cute, not gonna lie. I would have continued onward if their conversation hadn't caught my attention.

"S-she's n-not missing" one of the kids stuttered.

I stopped in my tracks. I thought Derry was a safe place. No one had ever mentioned missing kids before.

"Who's missing?" I asked as I stopped my bike and got off.

One of the kids with glasses stared me up and down.

"Holy shit" he said in amazement.

"Y-you're not f-from here" the kid with the stutter said.

"Yeah, but who's missing?"

"This girl named Betty Ripson"

"Shit"

I looked over to see the cutest boy I had ever seen. He had floppy noddle hair and the sweetest brown eyes. I flashed him a little smile before the kid with glasses spoke up.

"So, what's your name, hot stuff?"

I let out a small laugh. "I'm y/n"

"Well, y/n, this is Bill, Eddie, Stanley, and most importantly, I'm Richie" he said as he grabbed my hand to place a kiss on it.

This was a weird gesture, but I liked this kids vibe.

"Did you just move here?" Stanley asked.

"Yeah, I'm staying with my dad and brother for a while" I explained. We all started to walk down the sidewalk together.