Chapter Eleven

The next morning, we headed to Bills house. He said he had some information about the well house he wanted to share with us.

I rode with Richie on his bike since I still didn't have mine.

When we got to his house, we went into Bills garage. Everyone was surprised to see me enter with Richie. Bill started hanging up a poster as the rest of us shut all the curtains. As I started to finish up with one of the windows, Stan came up from behind me. I noticed he had a slight black eye.

"Y/n talk to me, please"

I ignored him and went to go sit down next to Rich and Eddie.

The projector flashed on and lit up the wall where the map was. Mike then shut the garage door so we could see everything better. Bill put in the first slide of the Old Derry Sewer System.

"Look, that where G-Georgie disappeared. There's the Ironworks and the Black Spot." Bill said as he pointed at the screen. "Everywhere it happens, it's all connected by the sewers. And they all meet up at the-"

"The Well house" Ben interrupted.

"It's in that house on Neibolt Street" Stan added.

"You mean that creepy-ass house where the junkies and hobos like to sleep?" Rich said.

"No, Rich, the other one" I sarcastically said as Eddie quickly took a pump of his inhaler. I rested my hand on his shoulder to comfort him and he flashed me a thankful smile.

"I hate that place. It always feels like it's watching me."

"That's where I saw it. That's where I saw the clown" Eddie said with his shaky breath.

"T-thats where It lives" Bill stuttered.

"I can't imagine anything wanting to live there."

'I can think of a few things that should live there' I thought to myself.

"Can we stop talking about this? I-I can barely breath. This is summer, we're kids. I-I can barely breath, I'm up here having a fucking asthma attack. I am not doing this" Eddie said before ripping the map down.

"What the hell? Put the map back" Bill ordered.

Eddie simply just shook his head no.

The slides started to spin and change all on their own.

"What happened?" I asked.

Soon, old pictures of Bills family started to quickly switch back and fourth.

"What's going on?" Stanley asked as we all slowly started to get up in fear.

Mike tried to turn it off, but it was no use. It was doing this all on its own. We were soon stuck on the same picture and it continued to zoom in a little more each time.

"Bill?" I asked with fear.

The pictures started going faster than ever and soon enough, Bills mom was replaced by the clown in the now moving picture.

We all started to scream and freak out, trying to make it stop.

Richie, Eddie, and I held onto each other as we continued to freak out. Thankfully, Mike kicked the projector over and the projection was now on a different wall, but Bills family was no longer in the picture. The picture switched again to a blurred picture of the clown and stayed like that for a while until he was no longer in the picture. When it went to switch again, the clown returned, but was life size and in the room with us. Holy shit!

Stanley was right next to the clown and I couldn't help but yell, "Stanley!"

Stanley ran over to us and the clown followed behind. I quickly ran to Beverly who was all alone. Rookie mistake. The clown started to make his way over to Beverly and I. She and I didn't know what to do. We huddled together and just closed our eyes. He almost got us until the guys opened the garage door, letting in the light.

She and I stood up and ran over to the boys who gave us a group hug. My face was tear stained, once again.

"You alright, doll face?" Richie asked me.

I laughed at his stupid nickname he gave me. I wrapped my arms around him in relief.

"It saw us. It saw us and it knows where we are!" Eddie explained.

"It always did. So, lets go" Bill said as he hopped on his bike.

"Go?" Bev asked. "Go where?"

"Neibolt. That's where G-Georgie is"

"After that?" Stan asked.

"Yeah, it's summer. We should be outside-" Richie explained

"If you say it's summer one more f-fucking time..."

Bill was frustrated and he proceeded to get on his bike and ride away.

I sighed and grabbed Richies hand as we both got on his bike to chase after Bill. The others followed behind us.

We arrived at the Neibolt house just in time before Bill could walk inside.

"Bill! What the fuck are you thinking?" I yelled as I got off of Richies bike.

"You can't go in there!" Bev added. "This is crazy"

We all made our way over to Bill who stood on the front porch.

"Look, you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town. Because I can't. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own." Bill choked.

"Wow" Richie said.

"What?" I asked.

"He didn't stutter once"

We all began to walk into the house before Stan spoke up.

"Wait! Um, shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know. Just in case something bad happens?"

"W-who wants to stay out here?"

Everyone raised their hand except for Bev and I. I would have raised my hand too, but ever since that night with Stanley, I've been feeling more brave and confident.

As everyone realized we didn't raise our hands, they slowly lowered their hands out of embarrassment.

"Fuck" Richie sighed.

We decided to have Stanley stay out and take watch. Richie was talking with Eddie, probably giving him a pep talk before going inside. As I started to enter the house, Bev stopped me.

"You're staying out here"

"Wait, what? Why?"

"You two need to sort things out"

"What- how'd you know"

"Oh please. I'm not blind, y/n. I know you two really care for each other."

"I'm still not sorry-"

"For sleeping with Richie?"

"How'd you know about that?!"

"Come one, he hasn't been this happy in ages. Plus he keeps going on about how he fucked the prettiest girl in town"

"Shit" I sighed.

"What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't! I just wanted to get back at Stan."

"Well great job. Have you seen how miserable he's been lately?"

Now I felt guilty. I wanted to get back at him, but maybe sleeping with Richie wasn't the way to do it. Shit.

"Please don't tell Rich. I'll handle things" I reassured her.

"I know you will"

"Now be careful" I said as she entered the house. I soon felt someone walk up from behind me and snake their arms around my waist.

"Any last words, Hot stuff?? Richie asked me.

"Yeah, don't fuck this up" I teased.

"Like I did to you last night"

I smacked him on the head at his comment. He then placed a kiss on my cheek before entering the house with the others. Now I was left alone with Stan.