Chapter Seventeen

The next thing I knew, I was in this dark room. It smelled like complete shit. My head was spinning and I slowly sat up. As I looked around, I saw a sewer pipe behind me and realized that I was back at the well house, but where inside? I had no clue. I then saw a giant pile of old toys and other objects with kids floating around it all. What the fuck was going on?

Was this another dream?

I then recalled what happened to me before this. My dad and the clown. Oh shit, the clown. As panic set in, I saw someone stand up out of the corner of my eye. Beverly.

"Bev!" I screamed as I ran over to her.

She looked almost as relieved to see me as I was to see her.

"Y/n!"

I collapsed into her arms when I hugged her. I didn't want to be here. I wanted to be anywhere but here. I hadn't seen her since the fight with Bill and Richie.

The cold mud stained my bare legs as I fell down. Bev held me in her arms and told me to relax and that we would find a way out of here soon. I couldn't move though, I was too scared.

"It's gonna be okay" she reassured me.

I tried to be brave and remember how safe Stan had made me feel. I had to be strong if I ever wanted to see him or anyone again. I wasn't ready to die.

"I can't do this, Bev" I said with a shaky breath.

"You can and you will" she said. "He feeds off of fear. Just show him that you're not afraid"

"How the fuck am I supposed to do that?"

She laughed, "you're sounding more and more like Richie"

I wish Richie were here. He'd say something inherently sexual and we'd all yell at him to shut up.

We both looked around for the clown.

"I think the coast is clear. Come on, lets go" she said as she stood up and pulled me up with her.

We both slightly stumbled as we tried to regain our balance.

We weren't sure where to go. All the sewers let out into this room. Even if we went into one of the sewers, there was no promise that we would even make it out of there. It was a maze.

After walking around for a bit, we stopped at a small carnival stage in the middle of the pile of toys. It was labeled, 'Pennywise, The Dancing Clown'.

"Bev, we need to go, now!" I yelled as I tugged on her arm to get a move on.

We both started to back away, until we heard carnival music coming from the closed stage.

"Step right up, Beverly and Y/n! Step right up!" An enthusiastic speaker said from the stage. "Come change. Come float. You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll cheer . You'll die." Then speaks voice slowly turned darker and darker and eventually, everything was silent again. All we could hear was our own breathing.

A Jack-in-the-box started to play and the speaker came back. "Introducing....Pennywise, The Dancing Clown!"

Evil laughter came from the jack in the box until it stopped and a mini clown toy popped out.

"Bev let's go!" I yelled as we tried to open the door we found. It wouldn't budge though.

The stage door then fell down, revealing a red and orange lit stage. Fireworks went off and carnival music started to play. We were goners at this point.

I held on tight to her hand.

As the smoke from the fireworks disappeared, Pennywise was revealed, he began to dance around on stage, intimidating us.

Beverly and I then spotted and open sewer. It was our last chance. Getting lost in there was better than being killed by this fucking clown. We both nodded and began to run as fast as we could to the sewer.

Pennywise jumped off of the stage and grabbed a hold of both of us. Bev in his right hand and me in his left. He held us up by our throats. We tried to fight him, but all he did was laugh.

"We're not afraid of you" Bev struggled to say.

I had to be brave like she said. I quickly reassured myself that everything would be okay.

He pulled us closer to him and sniffed. What the fuck?

"She is" he said as he referred to me. Oh shit.

He threw Beverly to the side, knocking her out.

"Beverly!"I screamed.

I turned back to the clown.

"I'm not afraid of you!"

"Stop lying to yourself!" He said before changing his facial shape. His mouth became ten times larger and revealed hundreds of sharp teeth. I was so dead.

A bright light in the back of his throat appeared and I was soon caught in a trance as well as lifted up into the air.