Chapter One

(A/N: I know this is kind of short, but the two chapters needed to be split up. Thanks for reading!)

"Friends! I have returned!" The loudest member on the team shouted, suddenly within hearing range. Thor had gone off-world for some 'political matters', although he wouldn't actually tell anyone what that meant. It had been about a week or so since then, and you couldn't wait to see your uncle.

That's how you viewed the Avengers. Most of them were some weird aunt/uncle type, although Thor and Steve were like your brothers.

"Thor! It's been forever!" You shout, heading to meet him near the elevator. You've suddenly developed this weird gut feeling over the past five minutes or so, although you just blamed it on anticipation. You knew Thor was due to return today, or sometime near today.

But when you turned the corner, you saw someone behind Thor. Before you were crushed in a bear-hug, of course. When he finally put you down, you turned to look behind him.

At least he had the audacity to look sheepish.

Standing behind the wall of blond muscle, was a slim, black haired, tall, elegant man. The very one you hated, the very one who you had grown to hate the name of.

Loki.

And you were finally able to give him a piece of your mind.

You marched over, escaping Thor's grasp, and slapped him across the face.

You didn't care if he was Thor's brother. You didn't care if he was much, much more handsome in person. You didn't care that he -who had been acting uninterested two seconds before- now looked to you in shock and awe.

"That was for destroying New York!" You shout in his face, as Thor finally managed to pull you from him. Although it seemed in your outburst, you had attracted the attention of the Avengers.

"Why the hell is he here?" You shout at Thor, who was still holding you back.

"Father has ordered that he is banished from Asgard until he deems him worthy."

"Does he know that all of New York wants him dead?" Natasha asked, standing between you and Loki. Why was everyone so protective over you?

"It was not my choice to make. Nor his. We can not go against the All-father's orders."

"What's going on?" Suddenly Tony appeared, although stopping dead in his tracks when he spotted Loki. "Why the hell is he here?"

"That's what I said!"

"Loki is here under orders from the King of Asgard. No one can defy his orders."

"He might be the king of Asgard, but I know quite a few people who would deny his rule here." Apparently, Tony suddenly realised you were in the room. "Sky, go to your room."

"I should be a part of this too."

"It's not up for discussion. Go."

You huffed, heading back up stairs to your room. It's not that you hated your room, but you were almost 18! You deserved answers.

So you started hacking the security cameras, trying to get a live feed. The ones in the common area were securely protected, and you had to re-protect them if you even got in. There were too many fans/stalkers out there.

Before you finished though, you could hear commotion outside of your door.

"I agreed to the whole tower thing, but you are not putting him across the hall from my daughter!" Tony shouted, and you were suddenly invested in this conversation. They were putting him across the hall from you? Why in their right mind would they do that?

"It's the safest place! If he were to escape, someone would instantly know. She knows the tower better than anyone."

"I don't like this idea."

"Neither do I, but what other choice do we have?"

"Send him to Shield?"

"He needs to pay for his mistakes. Rotting in a cell will not help with that." The group finally dispersed at that, and a door was heard closing across the hallway.

Well, it seemed you had a new neighbor.

*

(Loki's Pov)

Uninterested. Indifferent. Contempt. These were the feelings he was trying to project, as he and Thor landed on Midgard. Both before and after using the Bifrost, swarms of people met them. Some cursed at Loki, although their voices went mostly unheard under the sounds of Thor's followers. But not to Loki.

He met hundreds of people that day, although not formally. Except for this 'Sky', who was apparently the metal man's daughter. She was interesting. Young, it seemed, although not a child. He watched as she embraced Thor, thinking of her nothing but a girl. His face remained indifferent, interested in the windows facing outside.

And then a slap.

It wasn't hard, but it did force him to look at her in the eyes. She was about a foot shorter than him, he measured, before she was pulled back from him by Thor.

But he couldn't look away.

She was brave, that much was sure. Seemingly fearless. Although he could tell that she knew many things, if only because of her eyes.

Her eyes. They were brown, but when the sun bounced off of them they glowed. At every angle she was beautiful, even when angry and shouting. Her voice was sweet, and he could only imagine how it would sound saying his name-

No. There was nothing for him here, on this wasteful planet. He would make his escape soon, and leave the realm through one of the gateways. There were few anymore, although enough that he might be able to escape. It was his specialty after all.

"Sky, go to your room." The great 'Iron man' said, as she stormed off. So that was her name. Sky. It didn't seem to fit a girl of such specularity, although he suspected there was a reason for her name.

But alas, his hopes were instantly given up.

Sky was not written on his skin. His soulmate was still out there, and all he had to do was look.