Chapter Twenty-Four

(A/N: For those who like Angst, this is your chapter! Lots of angst, accusations, angry words and *whispers 'spoilers ahead'* kisses. Thanks so much for reading!)

(Your Pov)

With the feeling of Loki so close, you wondered why he hadn't reached out to you yet. Surely there was a reason he hadn't, although you were more concerned over his injury. Not only was it bad enough for you to feel it, but somehow turned him blue as well. Or- You hoped he was blue. If it was just you... then you might have to be concerned about yourself.

You arrive at his door, carrying a first aid kit as well. If he wasn't already healing himself, then you'd have to help him with it. You know how to treat a number of things, from cuts, to poison, to burns. You've experienced it all.

You try to reach out to Loki, finding him cut off from you. He was blocking you from his mind. From talking to him. You could still feel the growing hurt -both emotional and physical- despite whatever attempts he tried to push you away.

Why? Why was he trying to push you away? What had happened that he couldn't leave his room for?

"Loki?" You try knocking on his door. No one responded, and for a split second you thought this might've simply been a trick of your mind. But as you listened to the shuffling of feet, you knew he was there.

You opened the door. Although never having seen Loki's room, you've always imagined it as warm and welcoming. Probably with a green and gold color scheme, maybe some black as well.

Well, you were half right.

The color scheme was green, gold, and black from what you could tell- although the lack of light really made it hard to. The moment you opened the door, it was as if all heat had never existed. Cold suffocated the air, making you shiver from the change. An unearthly vibe clung to the air, making you want to constantly be checking over your shoulder.

This was not how you remembered Loki. How your Loki was a few hours prior. He was so hopeful and caring- this was desolate and unforgiving.

What. Had. Happened.

"Loki?" You call again, this time towards the figure facing the wall. His back towards you, his connection with you nearly severed. He was trying to block you out- and you weren't listening.

Then you saw it. That singed area on his lower back. The same place your ache was now, the place he was shot.

"You're hurt." You try reasoning, knowing something was going on. Something more than just being injured. You were blue for Nick's sake!

"Leave." A whisper. Barely audible, although it made you stop in your tracks.

Why? Why did he want you to leave? Why was he trying so hard to push you away?

"But you're hurt. I brought some bandages to help you-"

"Why would you want to help me?"

Ok, now he was acting really weird. You always wanted to help people, especially your soulmate. For example, when you helped him with egg beating that time you made breakfast.

"Loki, why wouldn't I want to help you? What's going on? What's this all about?"

"You really don't know?" He scoffed, making you defensive.

"Yeah, I don't know. I just found you sulking and burned in your room! What's so horrible you're locking yourself away?"

"Because I'm a monster!" Loki shouted, pounding his fist on the wall. "I'm the villain that everyone fears, the monster parents tell their children about at night. I'm that vile creature everyone mocks, that no one can love." His voice cracked as he whispered his last sentence, Loki sounding so defeated.