Late Yet Again - @4lltimekatie

Early one morning I feel the heat of the sun peering through the window shutters. A smile creeps across my face as I welcome the warmth as I stretch across my bed. "Dammit! Stupid, stupid, stupid..." I spring to an upright position and stare towards the doorway. More crashing and banging come from down the hallway. I stand to my feet, pick up his shirt off the floor and slip it on over my head. "Why can't I do anything right for her!" As I walk down the hall, rubbing my eyes, I walk into the kitchen to see my boyfriend standing there covered from head to toe in pancake mix. "Alex, what are you doing?" I giggle. He looks over at me with an embarrassed, yet shy smile. "I just wanted to make you breakfast for once." I walk over to him and wipe the powder from his cheek and plant a soft kiss upon him. He catches me off guard and pulls me in close. I breathe in his familiar scent and feel right at home. "Let's go get you ready for work or you're going to be late. Again." He looks at me with a playful grin and nods in agreement.

"Alex, where have you been! We've all been waiting here for 45 minutes!" Jack yells at us as we walk through the doors. Zack & Rian sit there staring with frustrated looks on their faces. "Sorry guys, I had a bit of a, um, situation to clean up at home." Alex looks at me with a guilty look on his face. "Well, let's get going. We only have a few hours left of practice before we leave for our tour in the morning." says Rian with an exasperated tone in his voice. Alex turns towards me and plants his hands on each of my shoulders and spins me around. "Sorry babe, I gotta practice but i'll call you when we're done here." He pulls me in quickly and leaves me with a kiss on the lips that didn't last nearly long enough.

Later that night, I sit on the couch watching tv even though all I can think about is that tonight is going to be the last night I see Alex before he leaves on tour for the next 3 months. I change the channel. But thoughts of Alex being away creep back into my mind. After holding it in all day, I finally double over into heaving sobs. "Why did I have to fall in love with such a beautiful, talented soul?" I hug myself as I'm curled up on the couch wearing Alex's favourite hoodie. I breathe in the smell that is the man I love. Why do you have to go? I hear footsteps walking towards me. I look up through blurry eyes and see Alex standing there looking at me with panic and consern written all over his face. "What's wrong? Did something happen while I was at practice?" Alex sits down on the couch next to me and wraps his arms around me. "No, nothing happened. Don't worry, I was just being silly." I fidget around in his arms uncomforably. "No it's not silly. Why are you crying?" I can't help but tell him once I look into those big brown eyes. He looks at me with a pained look in his eyes and I can tell he's fighting back tears. "I know that it's hard but we can still talk on the phone every day, and we can skype before bed every night. It will be like I'm right here with you." I look up at him; tears still pricking my eyes. "But I can't cuddle my phone, I can't kiss my laptop. It's just not the same..." He looks at me with a mischavious look on his face and before I know it he has scooped me up and taken off towards our room. I scream and squeel with laughter. "Alex! Put me down!" I laugh harder that I have in a long time. A laugh that makes your stomach muscles ache.  Once we reach the bedroom, Alex throws me onto the bed. As I catch my breath, Alex runs into the closet. I prop myself up onto my elbows to give myself a better view. All of the sudden, he comes bursting out with his hands behind his back. I look at him with a curious smile. 'Alex, what are you up to?" He grabs my ankles and pulls me close to the edge of the bed. He looks up at me with a nervous grin and then back down. I tilt my head. "Alex?" He looks back up and whips his arms out from behind him and holds up a backstage VIP pass to All Time Low's winter tour. "I want you to come with me on tour." he peeks out from behind the pass with his eyebrows arched in such a way, I can't help but to break out into hysterics. He looks at me, with a hint of hurt in his eyes as if he thought that I took it as a joke. When I look back at him, the tears start to flow again. "Yes." I finally breathe. He looks up at me like a little kid on Christmas. "You'll come?!" I grab the pass and hold it tight in both hands. I can't believe he wants me to come with him. "Of course I will. What time do we leave?"