Blind Date - @chaarlotteemma

You sit and fiddle with your bracelets which line your wrist as you look at your phone clock. Your friends set you up on yet another blind date, since you’re way too shy to ever walk up to a cute guy and ask for his number, or even talk to him. You sit there uncomfortably and look down at your dress, cursing yourself for letting your friend persuade you to wear it.

You’re currently sat in a restaurant, still waiting for this mystery guy to show up. You have no idea what he looks like, what his name is, or even if it’s an actual guy. You swirl your wine in your glass and take a sip when a hand is placed on your shoulder,

“Are you _____ ?” a male voice asks.

You look up and link gazes with a pair of caramel brown eyes, “Uh-yes…” you say quietly.

“Wow when your friend said you were pretty she seriously did mean it” he muttered under his breath. You blush slightly and tuck a lose strand of hair out of your face. “I’m Alex, your date for this evening” he winked, putting on his best British accent, making you giggle.

Hot damn he was cute!

“I-uh-sit down, please” you smile, gesturing to the seat opposite you.

“I’m sorry I’m a little late…” he says awkwardly.

“Don’t worry about it, I mean you’re here now and that’s all that matters” you say quietly still. Your confidence is creeping through slightly, but you still find yourself shying away beneath your hair.

You decide to take a moment to study his features, his mesmerising brown eyes make butterflies erupt inside of you, he had slight stubble on his chin which you had to admit looked totally hot on him. His hair was styled messily, and it was a deep brown colour exactly like his eyes. You notice that he had a tattoo on his neck of a skull and crossbones and-

“Uhm, do you space out like that often?” he asked while reaching his hand across the table near yours.

Pulling your arm away you nod chuckling slightly, “Yeah, I guess I do” You kick yourself for being so stupid and getting too lost in thought and decide to change the topic of conversation, “So tell me about yourself, because I literally have no clue about anything about you…”

---

After you listen to Alex ramble on about his band for the duration for the whole meal he pays and you both leave, him walking you back to your apartment.

“So what about you? You never told me about yourself” he chuckles.

“Oh-well if I’m honest I’m just your typical average girl, with dreams that will never come true. My past was… difficult and so I moved to Baltimore to try and get away from it all, you know, a fresh start and all” you say smiling weakly.

He nods his head in acknowledgement, and your hands brush together as you walk. Warm sparks fly up your hand and arm making you smile to yourself and blush shyly. He stutters a “sorry”, but since your confidence has built up over the night you look up at him and smile,

“It’s ok, I kind of liked it” you shrug.

Alex looks down and he has a crooked smile on his face, making your heart practically skip a beat. He entwines your hands together and you can’t help but bite back a gasp as his touch makes you feel all fuzzy inside.

But then as if right on cue, the heavens open, rain pouring down from the dark sky. Alex tugs at your hand and runs over to a sheltered flower stall on the side of the street.

“Oh my god, you’re literally soaked right through” Alex chuckles.

“As are you” you giggle, looking at his now see-through shirt. It’s clinging onto his chest tightly and you have to restrain your hands from touching his abs. “Don’t worry, my apartment’s only around the corner anyway”