Too Much the Same chapter

***Dedication to PercyJacksonfan4ever***

A/N: IMPORTANT! You might want to read the author's note at the end of the story. It might clear up some of the confusion in the story.

Nico and Anubis have landed somewhere near the island of Lesbos in Greece. They had walked hours upon end and were constantly running  due to the security enforcements right on there tail. Nico, to weak to even talk, was only able to mumble that he was born Italian and was back visiting. They stopped chasing them after that, but even still it was a hard journey.

Once they reached Lesbos, it was about nightfall. Anubis not really needing the sleep anyway, took first watch as Nico tried his best to get some sleep inside of a damp cave. He assured Anubis with a nonchalant shrug before saying," I'm used to it. " and ripping off his jacket to use as a pillow.

Anubis, after restlessly carving it down, tossed a stick into their makeshift fire. The fire ignited with even bigger flames before dying down to a low, subtle one.

Anubis sat in silence, calmly watching over Nico as he raked his hand through Nico's dark locks. He was beautiful. There was no denying that. It took more than just courage to actually confess to Nico that he liked him more than just telling him he was gay. Now that, that was no problem. He figured it wouldn't be so bad since he figured Nico was gay too. But actually telling Nico he liked him-(loved him if he wanted to be honest with himself) he wouldn't be so sure that Nico would like want to be around him.

"Anubis?" Nico whispered.

Anubis had barely heard him, and if Nico hadn't repeated it, he wouldn't have.

He removed his hand from Nico's hair and settled for just admiring him. "Yeah?"

"I'm cold. "

Anubis couldn't stop the smile that graced his lips. Of course he knew where this was going. He had already began shifting to snuggle with Nico.

" I'm on it. " Anubis settled down beside Nico, wrapping a protective arm around his waist. As an immediate reaction Nico curled into Anubis's body, placing his head on his chest.

*

Nico wasn't sleep, not even close to it. His mind was to busy fumbling over the facts that had to do with Anubis. How in the world did Nico open up to someone like him. Three days- that's all it took and they were practically best friends. He wondered if he would ever have that relationship with Percy. Not any anymore of course- those feelings are over with. But it was the simple fact that he generally stayed closed off to himself and only allowed certain people to break those walls down, but here he was now- cuddling with Anubis. He's not even that close with Jason.

But all that aside, it was......satisfying. It felt good and he hoped it would continue. But gods did he wish he wasn't falling so hard for Anubis. Anubis is gay( at least that's true. Nico felt as if he'd crawl into a hole and never come out if something similar to his hopeless crush on Percy happened. ) but there was no way possible that Anubis liked Nico. Nope. Of course they were cuddling right now and you'd think otherwise, but honestly, Nico's just cold.

Yeah, that's it.

***

The rising sun cast its rays into the dark cave, stinging Nico's eyes. He turned over grumpily to avoid them and was surprised to see Anubis casually sitting on the wall staring back at him.