Too Much the Same chapter 11

They always say that the first impression is the most important.

When Anubis first met with Hades, it hadn't been a pleasant one. It was more like natural selection because both believed there should have been only one.

But the very last encounter took a turn for the better after both had come to terms that the very serious matter on hand was Nico, and they couldn't argue simply because they didn't like each other. It was childish, and someone had to grow up.

When Anubis entered the palace for the second time within the last few days, he felt an overwhelming sense of lost hope. Not because everywhere you looked there were mourning souls, but because Anubis was reminded Hades didn't have the least bit of help to offer. He was starting to regret coming down here.

"Hold on,Nico. " Anubis drug Nico down the hall winding around all of the lost spirits turning their heads to look towards him. Anubis didn't know if it was because of Nico or the sense that Anubis was another person who dealt with death from another realm.

Finally, Anubis was in front of the throne room doors. Pushing them open made him nervous, knowing that beyond them was no help. But it was the only other place he could go. Nico, whenever he was not 'feeling like shit' or potentially delirious, made Anubis promise that the Seven wouldn't be told of his sickness. Nico was more concerned about them worrying, than his own self, which Anubis found a little bit off.

Either way, he drug Nico closer and closer to the throne steps before Hades turned around to face him.

Hades nodded a greeting and walked down the steps, strolling over to Nico with a lare at his side.

"You may go now," Hades dismissed the lare then turned back to Anubis and Nico.

"How long has he been like this?" Hades asked, gingerly picking up Nico's limp wrist. He turned it over in his hand before sighing and crossing the room to the obsidian table in the corner. 

"About a hour or two. "Anubis answerd watching Hades as he rummaged around the few items sat on top of the table. "As soon as he fell unconscious, I came here. "

"Hmmm." Hades nodded walking back over to Anubis. He held up a scrap of paper and held it out for Anubis to take.

"What's this?" Anubis asked.

If this is suppose to help with Nico's cure then why the hell is he just now giving me this, Anubis thought angrily.

"It's paper. "Hades answered.

"No shit, sir Hades. I mean like what's it supposed to do?" Anubis ground out.

Okay. He wasn't looking for a fight. He really wasn't to be honest. But it was hard when someone who was very close to you was sitting right here practically dying in your arms. And then their father has the least bit of interest seeing as though he has time for sarcastic comments. Apparently Hades didn't care as much as said he did.

Anger flashes through Hades's eyes.

"Just take it, Anubis. " Hades boomed shaking the paper slightly in front of his face. Anubis eyed the paper before shifting Nico to his right arm and discarding the paper into his jeans.

"Use it wisely. " Hades said looking at Anubis before stuffing his hands into the pockets of his dark robes and leaving through the throne room entrance.