Too Much the Same chapter 7

Nico tossed his coin into the air absentmindedly as he walked across a busy intersection onto the sidewalk of the street. It's been two days since Nico visited Hermes place and he was practically ready to tear his own head off. He didn't want to go where Hermes asked him. He shouldn't have to go where Hermes asked him. But, what would happen if he didn't?

Fuming with anger, Nico continued to walk further through the streets of Sacramento, despite how bad he was feeling. His hotel was just a little ways away from here, anyways.

"Di Angelo!" Nico looked up and searched through a small crowd of five in front of him. He pushed to the front and with a nervous glance looked in front of him. He was hoping it wasn't Percy. Gods he was hoping that it wasn't Percy. But when he looked up, he was met with someone he least expected.

"Nico, shit man. I found you. "Anubis grinned widely running his hand through his hair. "Sacramento, California, huh? You weren't  kidding when you said you were leaving. "

Nico gaped slightly and then feeling he was going to make the situation awkward, gave a small smile then afterwards a small nod. To say the least, Nico didn't know what to think of meeting Anubis here. He had missed him for sure:  his smile, his laugh, and just being with him.

"Aren't you going to say something? " Anubis asked with a nervous tone. He was trying to put it in a teasing way but it came out more unstable than he had thought. Anubis glanced wearily at Nico again and decided immediately that something was different about him. His whole demeanor had changed.

"Uh, yeah ." Nico cleared his throat and relaxed a little. He shook his hands casually trying to loosen them. It wasn't anything to be worried about. Anubis had said he always moved around and never stayed in one spot. Add that to the list of things that made him so much more similar to Nico.

"Why don't we....why don't I take you back to my hotel. Un-unless of course-"

Anubis waved Nico off. "Nico, bro, what is up with you? I'll follow you to your hotel but you have to promise me that you'll tell me what's wrong when we get there."

Nico's throat closed tightly and he suddenly felt the urge to barf. Why? He didn't know. He was sick and he knew it. But he couldn't tell anyone. He barely managed an "okay" before everything around him started to spin. He swayed slightly, but Anubis being the person he is, didn't even seem to notice it.

Nico, once composing himself, began walking unsteadily to the Sutter's Fort hotel he had booked a room in.

"So tell me what's up. " Anubis sat down on a small red plush chair in the corner of Nico's room. He was currently panicking inside despite his cool demeanor. He was worried about Nico.

Nico gazed at Anubis and smiled faintly. His eyes were glazed over and once again he felt like he was going to be sick. But he decided to play it off. He wasn't sure how successful that was going to be though.

Nico sat down hard on the end of his queen size bed. "Nothing. Just tired that's all. " he gave a reasuuring thumbs up to Anubis, who watched Nico intently.

"Nico, are you drunk?" Anubis got up from the chair and walked over to Nico, taking a seat beside him. " I never thought you were a drinker. "

"I'm not ." Vile crawled to the back of Nico's throat and a sudden pain came to his head. It felt like somone was melting the insides of his internal organs. He let out a ragged breath once swallowing the vile back down. " I don't drink. At least, not that much."

Anubis's eyebrows were scrunched up as he studied Nico. He didn't know what was going on. Nico said he wasn't drunk and he couldn't smell any alcohol on him. So what was it?