Too Much the Same chapter 3

Nico sat in a small booth near the corner of the café. He had shadowed traveled to the Underworld and visited his father and Persephone, and came back after two days. The visit had went unexpectedly good- to say the least Lord Hades was happy to see his son, which didn't happen often. Demeter had shown up also and insisted Nico take several boxes of cereal with him, and as a joke a bag of corn on the cob. Nico rolled his eyes remembering the smirk on Demeter's face when she handed it to him, but bowed in thanks and left the palace.

Now he sat in a New Orleans café, drinking a mocha. He was going to bring Hazel a souvenir from New Orleans as a way to ask for forgiveness when he made it back to their shared home in New York. Nico wasn't quite sure if she would like to be reminded of her hometown, but he was sure she would like a horse figurine, that in some ways looked like Arion.

After finishing, Nico threw his cup away and walked out onto the streets of New Orleans. He passed by countless aspiring artist and was feeling generous enough to give them money-whether they were good or not. He found a local cemetery and decided to go there.

Even while in the Underworld, Nico had felt at peace being alone and never having to be around people who really never cared for you in the first place. He had a lot if time to think, which freshened his mood and gave him a new attitude-although it wouldn't last long. Nico wasn't as grumpy, he had even taken up eating more than he usually did, and Nico had also earned a tan from the summer heat.

Nico opened the gate and closed it behind him as he walked over to a bench near the center of the cemetery. It sat under a large shade tree and was stained black all the way down to the legs of the bench. Nico glanced around before taking a seat. It reminded him of a graveyard he had visited recently. The memory was far away, tugged in the deep corners of his mind, things he did before the war with Gaea.

Nico looked around at the eerily, gloomy place and found it soothing. He spotted a figure on the other side, but passed it off as someone visiting a deceased person. Or like him- who liked to call himself a creep for finding peace in visiting graveyards. It brought an on rush of emotions-mostly sad and pitied ones knowing that his mother and sister died, but it also bought a sense of relief. It's like he could connect with them even if they weren't actually buried in that particular place.

The figure, who now Nico recognized as a male moved forward slowly, his eyes not moving from Nico. As soon as the boy-who stood tall and dignified and who Nico couldn't help but admit was beautiful beyond measure stood face to face with him, Nico found himself puzzled. It was like looking into a mirror almost:black clothes just like him, and the same fire that seemed to die out from his eyes. The only stark difference was the complexion of the stranger's skin.

The boy seemed to realize this too but even still extended a hand out to Nico with the corners of his mouth tugged upward. "I'm Anubis." He said. Nico was perplexed that even his voice was as beautiful as he looked. But Nico tentaviley shook his hand and let go quickly.

"I'm Nico. "

"Well," Anubis said, taking a seat next to Nico and crossing his legs," I assume you've been here before right? And that it's someone here that you know?"

Nico shook his head. "No....at least not here anyway. I just like visiting graveyards."

Anubis snorted and smiled amusedly looking for a hint of sarcasm on Nico's face. "You like visiting graveyards? Interesting for a first impression. Well it's not much of a surprise to me any way. You seem like the type of person to murder someone then show up at their burial site and grieve. "

Nico bit the insides of his mouth and forced himself not to smile. Anubis was a sarcastic one all right. But the thought that Nico shouldn't waver and show too many emotions in front of the still, although not much stranger, kept him from doing so.