Shine

We've been here in Lisbon for a few days now. Fiona has taken us to a lot of places and I have taken a lot of pictures. She says that there is still much more to see, and I do believe her. Just the city in itself is so beautiful that I want to take a picture every five minutes.

It's been so much fun. I've tried a lot of new food too, a lot which was too spicy or salty for my tastebuds, but it still tasted amazing.

I've noticed that there are a good number of international people roaming around. English is the common ground, but I can hear it on their accent that they are not native speakers.

Whenever we come back to our hotel room to take a break, I always write down what we've done. Fiona read half a page and said it seemed like a diary, so I've made my notes into an informal journal for future use.

I feel like I'm going down the same path as my uncle. I don't think my aunt knows, but I've read all of his journals/diaries. Fiona found them hidden behind one of the many bookshelves. She told me to keep them hidden and I'm glad she did. My aunt doesn't like if informative websites/books gets too personal. She said that personal opinions gave nothing of value for studying, but uncle Rosenberg's journals had given me lots of information despite having a lot of personal thoughts and opinions in it. I want to be like him and describe my emotions alongside the facts.

Today won't be as attraction sight heavy, as we will be visiting Ludvig at his work. Fiona seemed really excited about it. More excited than when she got a car for her birthday a few years back.

We take a taxi with Byström. He says something to some people, but I'm too caught up in looking around the building we've entered. There was a giant sign that said "Eurovision" on it. It seemed like it was some sort of event that was going on.

We were given a card, which we could put on like a necklace. Fiona said that it was necessary we wore them, so they could identify us as special guests, so we wouldn't get kicked out. Then we parted with her father.

»So, what do we do now?«

I ask and she looks around, scanning the area. I look around too. We're basically the only people here.

»We just hang around, until it's time to meet with my dad«

There's a hint of nervousness in her voice. Something then catches my eye.

»Let's get a drink and sit down«

She nods and we find a nice spot near a window.

»I saw this sign before we stepped in and now I'm seeing it here too. What is Eurovision?«

At first she looks a little surprised, then she lets out a small laugh before looking at me. I know that I am prone to ask questions that would be knowledge for the common person, but I am aware that I have had a very sheltered upbringing.

»It's this huge music festival. Over 40 countries will participate and they each have a singer or band to represent them. It's a fantastic show. I'm so lucky that my dad works with the Swedish representative every year, so I can come with him and meet some of the artists behind stage«

»Is that why we're here?«

Her face turns read and she laughs nervously.

»Y-yeah... sorta. I didn't want to admit it to you, because this is your first time out and there's so much for you to see and-«

I cut her off.

»No no. It's fine. This is also your trip and you seem very passionate about it. Of course you should also be allowed to do something you want to do«