(A/N) 2nd semi final!!!

So I watched the second semi and was it just me or did that one feel more intense? Like, daaaaamn. Also Latvia and Denmark not qualifying 😭

Btw skip this chapter if you don't want to be spoiled (or hear my opinion 😉)!

After the results were given my sister asked out loud if we really needed that many girl dance pop songs in the final. Like, she said it should've been Denmark instead of Greece but like, Greece was one of the best ones. Stefania is a queen 👸.

Also Denmarks was a little underwhelming. Some of the other contestants were going all in and here they were just doing whatever, so the people who qualified were at least giving it their all and more.

But my sister is still mad and I do understand why because Portugal, like, do we need that? How did it even make it? It's sooo bad. Just like Estonia, but at least the music is good. Like, The Lucky One is overall a good song, but it's still boring in some way. It's good background music but nothing significant.

Anyway Latvia didn't make it so now we have a singular Baltic and an incomplete north. I liked Latvia. I think Samanta was great on stage.

Speaking of the north, Finland is kinda a banger. My dad loves it but I do prefer Iceland's over Dark Side.

Daði is just so 🥺

His song is amazing and has the same wholesome story as last years. It's so sad that they couldn't perform live and I know that probably tugs them down in the voting, but he deserves a high spot in the final 🇮🇸.

Speaking of someone who also deserves a high spot, Switzerland. He's just such a little jelly bean I love him so much!!!! I really hope he does well because he deserves that too.

I think Bulgaria will also do well, but honestly I wouldn't mind if she didn't come top 10, because there are other good songs who deserve them too. Iceland and Switzerland just deserve them a lot more imo.

Anyway, Austria's Amen is honestly just as bad as Slovenia's. They're both boring but Vincent's is a tad bit better 🙏.

Speaking of boring, I've already mentioned Portugal but now let me mention Georgia. What the hell is this song even? I was so disappointed when I heard it for the first time. Take Me As I Am was a freaking masterpiece and then this? His vocals might be on point, but what the heck, Tornike???

Good thing someone had an amazing glow-up. San Marino really overdid themselves compared to last year... and pretty much any other year before. Like, Flo Rida???? Amazing 🤩! He really came to Rotterdam! And they didn't flop like a certain Finish DJ... *cough cough* Darude *cough cough*

Another low-key hyped song (at least from my sister and the Eurovision fans she talked with) was Omaga and it flopped hard. Like, the song is okay I guess and the staging too, but it just didn't stick out despite being different from "the usual".

Also Poland is a thing. I heard that he was like, really popular there, but when I heard the studio version of his song, I thought it kinda sucked. I can however say the live performance was good. At least his vocals were better.

Anyway I haven't talked about Albania 🇦🇱. Absolute queen too! And Serbia too!!! Hurricane is amazing. Their song last year was good and this year too. Take notes Azerbaijan!

Moldova also did kinda well compared to last year I guess. In terms of music style I like it better but I'm kinda neutral towards it.

Now let's talk about the three autoqualifiers.

The UK turned it up a bit. Embers kinda fantastic but from the small clip his vocals didn't sound so hot.

One vocalist who was on point and maybe better than I want them to be is France. Seriously, she's so good it's threatening. Voilà is a really good song because Barbara is a really good singer, so this is kinda a backhanded compliment I guess lol 😅

Spain also have some good vocals, but can we just quickly talk about how tiny Glas looks next to Nikkie? He's just a tiny lil' dude. Well, everyone are tiny small people next to Nikkie (except for Daði, but we sadly won't see him next to her).

Anyway, I like the English version of Spain's better, but the moon they have in the background is pretty cool.

I don't think I have more to say. Once again it's gone quite late as in, the semi final was like 24 hours ago.