Chapter 6: Chiron

Annabeth POV

I didn't know why I was at Percy's house. 

Jason said that he had to drop off some things, but he was busy today. I was hanging out with Thalia at their house, so I offered to help drop off Percy's stuff. 

Also, this was another way to avoid going home.  

Summertime was always the worst because I had to spend a lot of time at home with my monster of a step-mother, Helen. She didn't even care about me, and my father was usually always away on business. As such, we couldn't fix our family problems. 

I sighed as a knocked on Percy's front door. 

I haven't seen Percy since before he lost his vision. Percy didn't come to school for the rest of the year, and he didn't accept guests over either (except for Jason). 

Eventually, he'd have to get back into the world even if he was blind. 

A beautiful middle-aged woman answered the door. She had long, brown hair and fair skin. A motherly aura radiated off of her. 

"Hello, what can I do for you?" she asked kindly. 

"Hi, Mrs. Blofis, I'm Annabeth. I came to drop off a few things from Jason because he was busy today," I said as I gestured to the bags next to me. 

I was pretty sure that there were movies and games in the bags. 

Mrs. Blofis smiled brightly as she gestured me inside. I gently rested the bags on their couch as I looked around. It was a cozy home with pictures on the wall and sweet cooking smells in the air. 

"Thank you so much for bringing these over, Annabeth."

"It's no problem, Mrs. Blofis," I said politely. 

"Please, call me Sally, dear," she said with a smile. 

We both went into the kitchen. She seemed to be preparing lunch. I couldn't hear or see Percy anywhere in the house. 

"Sally, is Percy not here?" I asked. 

"He's in his room, Annabeth. He's usually always in his room," Sally said with a sad sigh. This whole thing must've been so hard for Percy's family. 

"Were you going to take him his lunch? I can do that," I offered. 

I didn't know why, but I kind of wanted to see Percy. 

"You don't have to, Annabeth. You've already helped us out today, and-" 

Sally faltered off as she looked at me. She must've noticed my desire to see Percy. Of course, Sally didn't know that we didn't get along. She probably thought that Percy and I were friends since I was willing to help. 

"You know what, Annabeth. Why don't you take his lunch up to him? He'll probably enjoy some company as well," Sally said kindly. 

I headed towards Percy's room slowly. I've never actually been in his house even though we've known each other for years. 

I opened his bedroom door. His room was dark and pretty messy. His curtains were closed. I guess light didn't matter to a blind person. Percy was sitting on his bed with headphones in. 

"Percy," I acknowledged as I went forward. 

He couldn't hear me. 

Even though his eyes were open, he couldn't see me either, obviously. 

"Percy," I said again as I touched his knee. His body immediately jerked up in surprise as he quickly took off his headphones. 

"Hey, sorry for scaring you, Seaweed Brain," I said cautiously.