Chapter 13: Swimfan

Sally POV

We were sitting in the chairs of Goode High's main office. Percy and I were waiting for a meeting with the principal, Mr. Dionysus. 

He was the last step required to pass for Percy to swim again. 

Coach Hedge, Chiron, and Paul walked into the room. It was after school, so Paul must've just finished his work. 

"Do you think that the board and Mr. D will agree?" Percy asked nervously. 

"He better agree," Chiron said sternly. 

I shot a warm smile towards the man. Chiron helped my son so much over the past few months, and he was continuing to guide him. 

The lady at the front desk stood up. She had a warm smile on her face, and she smelled gracefully of flowers. Her name was Persophone, and she seemed to be a good fan of my son, especially in admiration. 

"Percy, Mr. D is ready to see you now," Persophone said brightly. 

Percy stood up cautiously and started walking towards the Principal's office. I knew that Percy was sent to the principal's office in the past. He was a pretty rebellious teenager. 

We all took our seats in the chairs in front of Mr. D. 

Dionysus was a stout and laid-back man with very fun-loving characteristics. However, he could be very serious when he wanted to. 

"All right, let me get straight to the point. You're blind, Peter, yet you want to swim again. I've never heard of such a thing," he said boldly. 

"His name is Percy Jackson," Paul said tersely. 

I knew that Paul didn't like his boss. He complained often enough about the principal. 

"Regardless, I cannot allow Percy to swim and compete as a part of the team," he said. 

"Why is that?" Chiron asked firmly. 

Mr. Dionysus looked shocked. He stood there carefully formulating his thoughts. 

"Percy, a blind individual, will be placed within all that mayhem of competition. That is not very good, not to mention the school's liability. So, my answer is no," he said again. 

Gods, this man was not making it easy for my son. 

"Sir, with all due respect, I can swim, and I'm very good," Percy said pleadingly. 

"Here's the thing, Percy. You were very good. We don't know what you are anymore."

Percy looked taken aback. He quietened as he sat in his seat. I immediately felt anger boil up against Mr. D. He had no right to talk to Percy as if he was broken or any less-deserving or any less-talented than he was before. 

Paul gently touched my arm to restrain me. 

"Sir, you cannot stop Percy from swimming," Coach Hedge said. "And, if it helps, I can take the responsibility and liability. Percy is an amazing swimmer: the best that I've ever seen."

I nodded at Coach Hedge's words.

I was completely confident that Percy can do this even if I was slightly scared. 

"I can and I will," Mr. Dionysus said boldly.

"Well then, I guess that I'll have to report you, sir," I said firmly. 

Percy turned towards my voice in surprise as did every other man in the room. However, I had done my research, and I was prepared. 

"Excuse me?" Mr. Dionysus said in surprise.