𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏 | 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔

Soah Stella Lennox grumbles when she looks at her grades that say A-'s. She's glad about it, but she prefers to have A+'s. She's always been to be known as the smartest student at school, the entire school that is. From living in the regular country parts of Oregon, she lives in an average place as a teen. There were about a thousand people in her school and she was one of few students that lived on a farm in that school.

     School has always been important to Soah since she was thirteen years old. Her oldest brother, William, went to the military. He now is a Colonial which is a big deal to the family. Every male of the Lennox's has gone into the military at one point in their lives. William was the oldest while her other two brothers (that are twins) are still in college. She was the youngest in the family. Having three brothers that were known for mischief in her town was something people always looked at her for having the same.

     Yes, she was mischievous at times, but she also did other things besides that. She looks down at her phone and sees that Sam was calling her. She presses the green button and puts the phone to her ear.

     "Hey So!" the male voice came from the other end of the phone. The girl rolls her eyes, she's always hated that nickname Sam gave her when they were in second grade.

     "Sause," she replies, "what do you need?"

     She knew without a doubt that Sam was calling for help. The next day he was presenting his family genealogy for History Class and needed to get an A so he could finally get a vehicle.

     "Are you sure I shouldn't show those glasses? At least someone in that class would want to buy them off of eBay."

     Soah rolls her eyes and tosses her paper of grades on the ground, sitting down on a hay bail. "James, we have talked about this. You'll just get a worse grade if you mention those glasses. You know how Mr. Starkenson is--"

     "Quick and fast, yes I know," Sam answers his best friend.

     Soah looks around the old barn and thinks quick, "Listen. If you don't show your second great pappy's glasses, I'll buy them!"

     She always loved those glasses, something about them seemed special.

     "You don't have eBay, Stel," there's that other nickname, the one that the girl actually likes, next to Lennox. She loves the annoyance when Sam calls her that.

     "No, but I know you. Also, why does it have to be Ladiesman217?" the girl asks annoyed, "You have never had a girlfriend! Besides, it makes it awkward for me because I am your best friend."

     "You've never had a boyfriend, Lennox."

     The girl rolls her eyes. The boy isn't wrong, she isn't like the other girls in her grade. All of the girls have dated at some point, but not her. She just doesn't believe in High School dating and she also has pointed out that the boys have no personality in the school.

     "Just don't show those glasses, Sam. I better get homework done before I go to bed," she tells him, grabbing the paper from the floor and standing up, "Night."

     "Night Soah."

     With that, she hangs up and heads to the house. With her being the only child left in the family that still lives at home, her parents show all focus on her. Luckily, she has Sarah and Annabelle (her sister-in-law and niece) that visits every evening.

     ⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶⚹⚶