𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 | 𝑪𝒂𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒐

Soah sighs when she walks into the house. She had to ask her mom to let her just not do all of the chores that day because she wanted to be sure she would pass that 'pop' quiz Mr. Starksenson said there might be. She was one of those people that had to make sure she was going to pass a class with an A.

     She was in her room studying about a half-hour later when her phone rang off. She looked at the Caller ID and it said 'Samuel'.

     "Did you get that Porsche trash you wanted?" she asks him. For hours on end, Sam would complain to Soah about him wanting a Porsche since he got his Driver's Ed. She swears that if he didn't get the car he wanted because of Mr. Witwicky, she's going to lose her mind.

     The huff from Sam's end of the phone answered the girl's question, so he didn't get that car.

     "No," Sam replies. He seemed a bit excited, "I got a yellow Camaro with black racing stripes!" Soah almost pukes. How did he get caught up with a Camaro?  Camaro's are literally at the lowest twenty-five grand!

     "Samuel, you do realize," she says sitting up from her homework, "That chevy Camaros are literally twenty-five grand at the least! I know for sure that Mr. Witwicky is not paying twenty-three grand on your first car!"

     "Stel, just come to Uncle Bobby B's Car Shop!" he tells his best friend, wanting her to see the car at that moment.

     "Sam," she groans, "I'm trying to study!"

     "For the pop quiz that will never happen in Mr. Starkenson's class?" Soah sighs, he wasn't wrong. Mr. Starksenson only said that twice and kept his word and he said it multiple times already at school. "Oh alright. I'll ask mom to drop me off."

Sam smiles from the other side of the phone, "Thanks Stel."

     Soah hangs up and then walks downstairs where her mom was sitting on the couch doing work papers.

     "Mom?" the mother nods, "Could you take me to Bobby B's? Sam got his car and he wants me to go there right away."

     Her mother looks up at her in disbelief, "Soah Stella Lennox, you're seventeen years old and just thirty minutes ago you asked me to do your chores so you could study!"

     "Mom, please. I'll do extra work tomorrow! Besides, there's not much work to do today!" Mrs. Lennox sighs and puts her glasses down from looking at her paperwork.

     "Why can't you?" she asks. "Why can't you just go drive yourself?"

     "You know how Sam is, he'll want me to drive home with him. Then the lake party later today. I don't want to use too much gas."

     "Oh alright."

     They soon got to the 'Bobby B's Car Shop' and Soah hops out of the truck that her mom owns. She decided that since she was out, she'd go get groceries. Sam runs out of the shop, and hugs his best friend right away, shocking the girl a bit. This car shop looked like a dump! She went to his ear, "This place is a dump!"

     "And I got the best car here," he smiles back. The girl looked at him as if she's asking him to show her the car. The boy got the momo and walked her to a yellow Camaro with black stripes. She has to admit, it was dirty looking, but a quick car wash would make it clean as new.

     "It's a car."

     "It's my car!"

     "Trucks are better," she huffs back.

     "Are you looking to buy a truck?" an African American asks coming up to her. Soah shakes her head in disagreement.

     "I've already got one, I'm here because Samuel-"