bookstore

"I'M NOT YOUR PERSONAL CHAUFFEUR, BY THE WAY

"I'M NOT YOUR PERSONAL CHAUFFEUR, BY THE WAY." Tsukishima hissed, following behind y/n as they entered the manga store. "I'm not just gonna keep driving your lazy ass around!"

"Oh, shut up! This is the last stop anyway." She huffed, her walking down the aisle and towards the back.

As Tsukishima trailed behind her, he realized she was heading straight to the romance section, the shelves stacked with different mangas with a variety of novels.

"...You read romance?" Tsukishima muttered, surprised.

"Why do you sound so shocked?" She furrowed her brows at him, clearly irritated.

The only reason he was really surprised, was because of what y/n's sister, Natia, had said to him. How y/n despises men because she's scared of them. But after he thought for a moment, he started to think that she would read romance because she...

She can't experience it herself.

Y/n could feel Tsukishima's eyes piercing into the back of her head, making her whip around. "What!? Why are you staring at me!?"

"I CAN LOOK WHERE I WANT." He growled back, walking past her and further down the aisle to scan the books.

Y/n's eyes followed him, her watching him as he thumbed through the mangas. "...You read romance, too?"

"Occasionally..." He muttered, before pulling out a manga by the spine. "...Here."

"...Huh?" She seethed.

"HERE. Try reading this one. It's good."

"...I'm sorry, are you giving me a romance manga recommendation?—"

"You wanna read a good romance book, right? Then. Take. This." Tsukishima pushed the manga into her chest, bumping her shoulder as he passed by her.

Y/n caught it in her arms, turning around and watching as he left the aisle to browse the rest of the store. "...Jerkwad." She whispered, looking down and flipping the book over to read the synopsis.

When a young woman closes herself off from the world of love, only for an oddball of a man to open that realm up for her again.

Embark on the wild ride of Ginger and Hailey's love life, and how a girl slowly crumbles in the comfort of her partners arms.

Y/n blinked a few times at the summary, her eyes dancing around the book. "...Hm..."

. . .

Tsukishima and y/n walked out of the elevator onto their floor with their bags of groceries, trudging to their apartment.

"Hey, y/n, I always wondered; what was your old job, before you came to work at Dismal? Probably something stupid, huh?" He turned to smirk at her, making her angry.

"Eat shit!...I was a bartender." Y/n huffed, turning away like a toddler pouting.

"Really? You made drinks? God, I bet you sucked at being a bartender, worse than you do an assistant—" He teased as he unlocked his apartment door, before y/n pushed him aside and stomped inside his home.

"HEY!—"

"You've got alcohol, right!? I'll prove to you that I was a great bartender!!"

. . .

"...What are you making?" Tsukishima monotoned as he sat at his kitchen island, watching y/n prepare a drink.

"Shhhhh." She hushed, pouring in a yellow substance into the glass, it mixing with the red liquid that was already poured in. "Aaaaaaaaaaand...done!"

She presented the drink to Tsukishima, setting the glass in front of him. It was an iced alcoholic beverage, it being an ombré of red and yellow. "It's called a Red Eye Cocktail. Try it."

"Did you poison it?"

"...Noooooooo?"

"Not funny." He murmured, bringing the glass to his lips. He took a small sip, his eyes shooting wide open. "Shit...this is strong." He muttered through his palm, lightly coughing.

"Buuuuuutttttt??"

Tsukishima glared up at her, them quickly narrowing. "But what?"

"How does it taste, MORON!?"

"...Eh."

"Don't eh me—YOU'RE LITERALLY TAKING A SECOND SIP!!" She shouted, watching Tsukishima unconsciously take another swill of the cocktail.

"If you know it's good, then why do you need me to tell you!?" He growled, setting the glass down on the counter.

Y/n bit the inside of her mouth, rolling her eyes. "Men like you are so full of yourselves." She hummed to herself, walking to the front door as she grabbed her groceries.

"I'm not full of myself. If anyone, it's you." Tsukishima retorted, watching y/n slip on her shoes.

"Shut up...See you at work." She mumbled, placing her hand in the knob.

"Hold on."

Y/n slowly turned back around, Tsukishima standing out of his stool. "...You said that differently than you usually do."

"Huh!? How??"

"You actually sounded nice for once! Are you a good person on the inside?!"

"FUCK YOURSELF, TSUKISHIMA."