Chapter Thirty One

"I'm Spider-Man."

Dudley burst out laughing.

"Right and I'm the Wolverine." He snorted. Peter shot webbing up at the ceiling and proceeded to hang upside down. Dudley's eyes widened in shock.

"Of course Spider-Man is real. If those freaks, I-I mean wizards are then why not a bunch of superheroes?" Dudley stuttered.

"But, what does this have to do with me?" He asked.

"Well, I have reason to believe that the same spider that bit me bit you." Peter replied, swinging down from the ceiling.

"No wonder why I've been feeling weird." Dudley said.

"Weird?"

"I, Uh, started losing weight. All my clothes were suddenly too big, I thought I was sick." Dudley said kind of sheepish.

"So. You could've been on some crazy diet." Peter said, folding his arms.

"Um, I could go through three buckets of fried chicken and three cheese burgers without a problem. Harry could attest to that." Dudley said feeling his face heat up in embarrassment.

"Gosh, that is a lot of food Duds." Peter said getting all queesey.

"You think I don't know." Dudley said scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"And please don't call me Duds." He added.

"Sure things Duds." Peter said with a wicked grin. Dudley glared at him.

"So, Dudders, besides the weight loss did you notice anything else?"

"Uh, not really." Dudley said slowly.

"And could you not call me that. That's worse."

"Dudley, think fast." Peter said and threw the nearest sitting object. Dudley let out an unmanly yelp, but to his surprise he caught it.

"We could add super fast reflexes to the list. Hmm... hey Dudders can you help me lift this desk?" Peter asked motioning to the desk. Dudley let out a groan and begrudgingly bent down to lift it expecting it to be heavy.

Crash!

The desk went flying upwards from the force making a hole in the ceiling.

"And he has super strength." Peter said, clapping him on the back. There were heavy footsteps and Peter's door flew open. In tumbled Sirius and Harry.

"Peter, what was that?" Harry asked.

"What I want to know is why is there a giant hole in my ceiling!?!" Sirius demanded.

"Oh, I'm so glad you asked, dad. We were playing who could catch the desk." Peter said sarcastically.

"You did what!?!"

"A game and I'm ok. Thanks for asking."

Dudley looked down at his hands.

"I'm a freak." He whispered.

"You're not a freak Dudley, you're a wizard like me." Peter said, gently placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But, I don't know the first thing about magic and this superhero thing is not helping. I'll be the laughing stock at Hogwarts." Dudley argued bitterly.

"You and I are not that different. I was born a squib, trust me it's a lot worse than being just a muggle and then I got bit by a radioactive spider. I don't think that spider bit you for no reason, it chose you. It chose you for a reason." Peter stated.