EPILOUGE

[December 21st, 1990]

Jasey Rae sat in Rian Dawson's tee shirt on the lap of Alex Gaskarth in Jack Barakat's guest bedroom

Alex thumbed over Jasey's lips just like he had a million times since October thirty first. His legs had far grown used to the small frame of the girl atop of them, but he still somehow always found himself with a stomach of butterflies. Jasey's eyes were closed but Alex still gazed over her face, counting every freckle dashing across her nose as he had millions of times before. Alexander William Gaskarth would never tire of this girl's lips or freckles or eyelashes or personality; he was utterly and completely in love with every inch of her.

They sat in the bed, which was pressed up against the wall across from the door, with an open window. The cool breeze drifted in and around them. The snow outside fell softly onto the already snow-covered ground.

"Lex," Jasey whispered to him softly with her eyes still shut. He hummed back in response, still playing with her lips and taking in her captivating beauty. "D-d-do you remember?" She asked him as she fumbled nervously with the hem of his shirt.

He knew exactly what she was talking about from  the tone of her voice as she said the words alone. The couple hadn't talked of their experience yet, despite being together since that night and despite growing nearly closer than Jasey and Rian had in their years of friendship.

Jasey never liked to get close with people. It was too scary; too much of a gamble and not black and white enough for her. Rian had been the exception since the first grade, since he managed to be around before the fear of risk played a factor in Jasey's life choices. But Alex was good. He was good people. Jasey Rae found herself falling in love with him a day after she kissed him for the very first time and here they were, not even a full two months later and he was like her other half. Alex had erase every single fear or shadow of a doubt from Jasey's mind. He was her protector. But she had saved his very life.

Alex finally left her lips alone and pressed his cold palm to her warm cheek. She shivered at his touch but smiled into his hand. He smiled back, before remembering her question.

"How could I forget, my love?"

"Alrighty, pizza's here. I thought you said you'd come down in five minutes? It's been like eight." A voice called from the other side of the door. Jasey sighed and leaned her cheek on Alex's shoulder. She pouted as she looked away from Alex. He kissed the top of her head. On the other hand, it was true. They had escaped to the guest bedroom so Jasey could change her tee-shirt since Jack spilt soda all over her other one. Alex only crept up the stairs with her because she started crying at the spill. Jack felt terrible, but he also knew the tears were probably not actually from the soda spill but something else. Girls, am I right?