RUN

[October 31st, 1990]

All the boys laughed

"Okay, okay," Jack began once he started to calm down, a smile still lurking on the ends of his lips. "Who's in the mood to actually get this party started?" He asked with yet another laugh.

"Oh god. What's that supposed to mean?" Zack implored uncomfortably. "Do you really need to make things worse than they already are?"

"No, I mean yes, but it's nothing bad." He began making his way out of the kitchen and back towards the front door where the duffle bags had been dropped, both Rian and Zack in tow. "I just mean who wants to get wasted? That's all." He added with a sly smile. Jack wasn't too fond of drinking. He didn't like the way it tasted or the way it burned his throat going down. What he did like, however, was how much it changed him.

When it mixed with his blood and went straight to his head he felt like he could do anything. He felt invincible almost. Confident, tall, handsome, not to mention smart, brave. He, unlike Jasey Rae, liked parties. Simply for this though; He could drink and let go. Jasey didn't drink. Ever. Jack figured that was more than just part of the reason she was scared shitless more than anything else.

Jack squatted down and reached his hand deep into one of the bigger duffle bags. "This bad boy right here has got us covered. I mean, if you wanna."

Rian ran a hand through his hair. Zack coughed.

"Is this a no? Come on guys, I came here to actually have fun!" Jack shouted.

"Gimme one," Zack demanded holding out an open palm to Jack. "Blackout or blackout, I guess!"

"Yes, let's go!" Jack slapped a beer can into the other boy's hand and laughed. "Rian-"

"No." He cut him off. "I-I mean, yeah, fuck yeah, but I wanna find Jase first. I just have a weird feeling about this whole thing, guys. Really." Rian switched his weight to his right foot and ran his hands through his hair again. "I do really wanna have fun tonight, though. Don't you worry, Jacky poo."

Zack choked on a mouth of beer at their old inside joke.

"Okay, okay. Quit rambling." Jack threw his own already empty beer at the tile kitchen floor. "Should we find those lovebirds or keep to ourselves?" Jack implored, already fishing through the duffle bag for another can.

"I'm fine with either," Zack stated with both the other boys nodding in acknowledgment.

The flashlights were the only things lighting up the room at the moment. The big windows on the wall weren't letting in enough light anymore to be able to see anything comfortably. The sun was now completely set. Even Jack agreed that things were eerier than they were before with the sun and a pretty sky. This was the next level. Especially with the strong breeze that was now picking up as well, forcing branches and over-grown weeds to sway outside creating outlines of scary-looking shadows.