5

Tilly felt a firm tug on her heart as she felt the distance between her and the baby. 

She wished more than anything that the baby could be with her, in her arms, but she knew it was better for him to stay out of the house. She knew that he would be safe in Constance's care, and hoped that she would somehow find a way to see him.

Her and Moira helped Vivian adjust to ghost life, and she began to love it. She mended her relationship with her daughter, and convinced Nora to give her back her baby. 

Vivian was happy. Well, as happy as she could get.

Tilly couldn't help but hide in the shadows and eavesdrop on the conversation between Vivian and Ben as he tried to commit suicide.

 She felt the presence of the small boy as soon as he entered the house and appeared to the front foyer. She watched the beautiful blue eyed boy in the carrier as they spoke.

"I want you to take the baby and go."

"No, just let me do it, then we can be together." He goes to pull the trigger, she stops him.

"No, no, no! No. That baby needs a father, Ben."

"I'm not his father. You know it, and I know it."

"He's my baby, I don't really care where it came from. I would give anything if I could take care of him." She argues with him.

"Vivien, I am... so sorry for everything I put you through." Ben cries as she cups his face in her hands.

"I want you to hear me. I forgive you. So enough with the drama and the tragedy. We've had enough in this family. We've had enough. And the one spot of light that there is,
is that baby asleep. That's your opportunity to do something different. I want you to take the baby, and I want you to leave this house, and I want you to never come back."

"Your sister said she would take care of him. She's a good mother."

"No, I don't want that." Vivian shook her head.

"What do you want?"

"I want to... envision you with that boy on your shoulders walking down Newbury Street."

"What about Violet?"

Violet appears to her parents. "What about Violet? I'm a teenage girl. Not exactly a cakewalk."

"Violet. What kind of father have I been? You weren't eating. You weren't going to school. You were already gone, and... I didn't get it. I shut you out. I was afraid it would break you. I miss you so much." He cries.

"I was never getting into Harvard. But I saved you a shitload of money." She shrugs.

"Yeah, you did." Ben softly smiles at her.

"You have to leave, Dad. Every minute you're in this house, you're in danger, and so is that baby. Please. Do it for us."

And with that, the two disappeared.

Tilly appeared in front of the carrier as the baby began to cry, she held his hand and rocked the carrier as she watched Hayden appear.

"Where are you going, Ben? You didn't think I'd just let you leave?"

"Get out of my way, Hayden. I don't have time for your bullshit." Ben goes to walk away from her, Tilly gasps as two people go up behind him and rope him up to the chandelier where he hangs to death.

"Now we have all the time in the world." Hayden chuckles.

Tilly grabbed the baby out of the carrier and placed him in her arms. Hayden turns to her.

"Tilly. Give me MY baby." She begins to walk over to her.

"Hayden. No. You shouldn't have done that. Go away!" She says quickly, panicked as Hayden got too close, and was met with silence.

She looks around, not seeing anyone, and walks over to the living room, where he was born. She smiles down at him as he grabbed her hand and began sucking on her pinky finger.

"Aren't you such a special baby. I already love you." It seemed like he understood her and with his eyes still closed, give her a big grin.

She smiled down at him and just admired the beautiful baby.

She didn't know how she wasn't interrupted by any of the ghosts, it seemed like a protective bubble had been placed around the two and it was like they were in their own world, enjoying the comfort and company of one another.

She jumps, hearing the door open.

She hears the clicking of heels and lets out a sigh of relief, hearing a voice laugh, saying "You stupid son of a bitch." Preferably to the dead Ben Harmon, still hanging from the chandelier.

She walks over to Constance as the two stared up at the body, soon joined by Ben, still in shock of what happened.

"I can't believe she killed me."

Constance laughs at his disbelief, "Serves you right." He scoffs at her, looks over at Tilly holding the baby, and disappears, presumably to find Vivian.

"Now, to the only reason I came back over here." Constance looks over at the girl holding the baby.

 Tilly nodded. She could see the bond between the two, Constance was fond of the girl and watched her look adoringly at her grandson.

"Will you take good care of him Constance? Please? He a very special boy."

 Constance nodded and smiled. "of course, I will sweetheart. No harm will come to him while in my care."

Tilly nodded, "I believe you. I just wish he could stay here, but he needs to leave. This is a bad place, and he can't be here around these bad people. Its going to hurt me bad when he leaves." She closes her eyes, a few tears escaping, and she bends her head to kiss his forehead.

Tilly puts the baby back in the carrier and looks up at Constance. "Oh, nonsense Darling, he will only be a house over, and you know what? Every Halloween, you are more than welcome to spend the day with us."

Tilly looks up at her with tears in her eyes and goes to hug the old woman.

Constance's freezes, have not been hugged in a long time, before relaxing and hugging her back. They part from the hug and Constance grabs the baby carrier.

"Um, before you go. I have to ask, what are you going to name him?" Tilly asks timidly.

Constance could see the despair in the poor girls' eyes as the baby was about to be taken from her.

She pretended to think. "You know? I really do not know. I have not thought about it. Perhaps I need a suggestion. Got any ideas?"

Tilly brightened up and with out hesitation blurted out, "Michael. I think his name should be Michael."

Constance gave thesweet girl a kiss on the cheek before walking out the front door, "Hmm, MichaelLangdon.... Sounds perfect."