17

Meanwhile, Michael had been in the process of figuring out what he was going to do. How to fulfil his purpose as the Antichrist, and how to get his Tilly back.

After screaming out for his father to help guide him what to do, the temptation of the angels, finding a satanist church, and Madelyn helping him secure his place as the Antichrist to his followers, he wasn't sure what to do next.

 He needed Ms. Mead. He needed Tilly.

But for now, he'd settle for a potluck dinner. He was starving.

He took a bite of Madelyn's chili as everyone surrounded him, watching him take a bite.

"Is it too spicy?" she asked, holding her breath.

Michael shook his head, "No. It's good."

Hannah, the leader of the church let out a sigh of relief, 

"Oh, thank the Dark Lord. It's my mother's recipe."

People began to want his approval of their food as well:

"Now try the macaroni salad."

"No, the turkey meatballs."

"May I touch your hair?"

Madelyn looked at the fellow satanists, annoyed. "Let the kid eat. O-Or is something wrong? What can we get you? What can we do?" she asks desperately.

He looked at everyone with wide eyes, and smiled slightly, "I just think everyone should do what you normally do. Have fun. Enjoy your Wednesday potluck dinner like always."

"You heard him. Our guest of honor eats at his own pace." She stood up and gestured to them away.

 She chuckled. "Though I can personally vouch for the spinach lasagna. It would be the honor of my life to watch you eat it... So, what happens next?"

He gives her a fake smile, looking down at the food. "Probably your lasagna."

She laughs and shakes her head. "No, I meant on the global annihilation front. What do we do first? When do we do it?"

He shakes his head. "I'm not sure."

"What do you mean you're not sure?"

"I don't know what to do, where to begin."

"But you're the Antichrist." She says in disbelief.

He begins to get upset and rises out of his seat angrily.

 "Which people won't let me forget. Everyone keeps saying that I'm special, that I'm the only one who can bring about the end-times, but nobody gave me a fսcking instruction manual. And the two people who always helped me, who I could always turn to for advice, one of them is gone, and the other was taken from me! I have no one." He ends with tears in his eyes.

Madelyn panics and places her hand over his, "Oh. I-I think there's some people you need to see."

"Who?"

"Just trust me. We are on the precipice of oblivion, Michael. Now is not the time to bury yourself in doubt. This person who helped you, what was her name?"

"Ms. Miriam Mead."

She smiles and pulls out her phone, "We have access to private search engines that can find anyone. And... There she is. We'll just go and pick her up."

He shakes his head, "It's not possible. I'm not powerful enough to bring her back. Not anymore, at least. She's dead."

"Dead? That's something we can work around. And after we get her for you, we can get the one that was taken from you, we will get her back as well." She gets down to his level and looks him in the eyes, grabbing him by his shoulders lovingly.