13

Tilly was miserable. 

The stretch of time that she was away from Michael became painstakingly painful and miserable. She was constantly in pain, stronger on the days where he was angry or frustrated. Her soul longed to comfort him, and she was paying for the fact that she couldn't go to him.

As much as he wanted to, Michael asked Ms. Mead to not involve Tilly. He felt the same pain as her constantly, and didn't want to stress her out or hurt her with more than what she already was going through.

Each time Ms. Mead went out to speak to Michael and Ariel, (and when she killed John Henry), she would just tell Tilly she was running "ritual errands". She knew Tilly would want no part of that, and Tilly never questioned her on the subject.

Tilly occupied her time by watching Marvel movies, and baking. She loved the fact that the comic books she read as a kid had come to life. She researched recipes that she thought Michael would like so when she got to see him again, she would be prepared to make them for him. 

She constantly asked Ms. Mead when Michael would be finished at the school, but was always answered the same way.

"Perfection takes time, my dear."

One night, Ms. Mead walked to the front door, obviously getting ready to go somewhere.

Tilly was sweeping in the kitchen as she saw Ms. Mead put on a black cape, and grab her purse from the kitchen counter.

"Heading out Ms. Mead?" Tilly questioned.

"Yes, dear. I need to go to the grocery store and grab some things for a ritual. Do you need anything?"

Tilly nodded with a slight smile. "Can I have some ice cream please?"

Ms. Mead laughed and replied, "Of course, cookies and cream right?"

"My favorite! Yes, please. I'll wait up for you and make sure you get home safely, okay?"

"Ah my sweet girl, only if you are able to stay awake. Lock the doors when I leave."

"Of course Ms. Mead. See ya soon."

Tilly walked with Ms. Mead to the door, closing and locking it as she left.

Tilly returned to sweeping the kitchen, finishing quickly and putting the broom and dustpan in the pantry where it normally stays.

She turned off the lights, and walked into the living room to turn on a movie to watch while waiting for Ms. Mead.

She ended up dozing off, flinching awake to a loud knock on the door.

She sat up and  wrapped a blanket around her body. 

Opening the door timidly, she was greeted by three women dressed in all black.

"Tilly Richards? We need to talk to you."