Chapter 2

The rest of the day went pretty well after viv's heartbreak except I'm yet to talk to that one person that makes my world feel a lot better. Beaming as I walk straight to his locker.

"Hey Pat!" I greet him smiling. He groans not liking his nickname.

"I've told you to stop calling me that"

"I know but I like it Patty" I say keeping my lips in a tight line to keep laughing as I Pat my long lashes at him.

"You're unbelievable. Anyways how's your day been?" He asks walking with me to our next class.

"Same as always boring no drama. But Viv broke up with Chase though" I say sadly remembering how I hoped on love because of them.

"What!!?.. what happened!?" Pat asked surprised.

"Chase said he didn't have feelings for Viv anymore that she isn't his type actually"

"Whoa. Really? That guy's a douchebag. I really thought they'd get married after everything" he says.

"Ikr, I really hoped they'd end up married so I could have a little faith in love you know" I tell him.
We turn a corner having about three minutes to get to class which we're nearing.

"Why? You don't believe in love??" I see him glance at me from the corner of my eyes.

"Errr, I don't know. I'm not exactly sure but I don't think I do because I haven't really experienced it" I chuckle.

"But you've had a boyfriend before? What was that?" He asks

"I can't exactly say I love or loved Phil because I know I didn't. It was just an infactuation. Probably why didn't last?" I say explaining to him why my ex and I didn't work out.

He just laughs. "Well it was actually obvious you didn't have feelings for him. Well more to me than him" I stop in my tracks and turn to him.

"What do you mean?"

"Well for one, I know every girl wants to be around the guy they like but you didn't with Phil." He pulls out two fingers "secondly you couldn't kiss until Vivian had to persuade you into trying"he laughs.. bringing out the third finger

"Thirdly, you didn't..." He continued

"Okay I get it!" I yell feeling kind of disoriented.
"Do you think I hurt him?"

"Nahh the guy was too love struck to even notice but he ended up being an assignment anyways" he says remembering how he broke up with me because I didn't sleep with him.

"Yeah I guess.. what about you?do you believe in Love?" I ask him curious.

He looks at me with so much intensity I feel my knees giving up on me" I do believe Ann and one thing I know Love is really something and more especially unexpected"  he says as he pushes a strand of hair behind my ear. His touch send a shiver down my spine.

"We should probably go into class before Mrs Claire gets here"he chuckles. I'm still speechless from the proximity and just follow behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last bell rings for dismissal. Vivian, Patrick and I always meet at the parking lot before we head home.

"Hey Anne" Vivian is first to acknowledge me and I return the greeting. It's then I notice Patrick's attention isn't on us but her, Angela Martin. You're probably guessing who she is. Well Angela is like one of these popular very very beautiful, extremely nice kid that accepts almost anyone into her group of friends. Patrick has had a crush on her since like she stepped into this school.