Chapter 04: He's Bad News

Chapter 04

He's Bad News

"He looked shady," Ivory concluded after she had that weird tête-á-tête with Jesse a few hours ago.

"Did you show him the envelope?" Caitlin asked as she shook her mango shake using the straw. They were sitting near the Riverdale's seaside.

"Yeah, he looked uneasy about it," Ivory sipped her cookies and cream shake.

Caitlin threw the empty container on the garbage near her. She licked her lips, looking at Ivory. "It's already past six. My dad is probably waiting for me."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Bye," Caitlin waved as she walked toward a car and went inside it. Ivory turned around to see the ocean. The orange sky blushed in to blue.

"Looks like you're alone," Ivory turned her eyes to Finn Fisher, Elena's brother. He is wearing a black jacket. His arms were crossed on his chest.

"Yeah, Caitlin went home," Finn sat next to her and scrutinized her. Ivory coughed. "Did your dad heard about the news?" Finn nodded.

"Yes, he went home. He wanted to meet with you this Saturday regarding Elena's disappearance," she swallowed her saliva. It was her fault that Elena went missing. There's no guilt in her eyes. "The officers are starting to investigate this Saturday," he added.

Ivory tapped his shoulder so his attention was on her. "Listen, I want to show you something. But please don't mention about it to the officers."

"Why?" he asked.

"Because I'm scared about it," she murmured.

"Why don't you show it to me already instead of being dramatic here?" Finn asked coldly. Ivory was startled, whispering sorry to him then gave him the envelope.

Finn scanned the pictures and read the short but menacing letter. "Are these even evidences? These pictures don't make any sense to me. What does Caitlin, Eman, Chris and Jesse have something to do with Elena?"

Ivory was shocked of the last person he mentioned. It came to her senses that Finn probably met Jesse since Eman and Chris are his friends.

"I asked Jesse Coleman about that summer. He said he was there with his family."

"And you even believed about what he said? Look—"

"He was uneasy when he talked to me," Ivory cut him off. She didn't like Finn's cold act toward her. Yes, it was her fault but Finn was too much. "He's bad news. Everything started when he transfered here in Riverdale."

"You don't have evidences that you could prove against him." Finn's voice raised. Ivory wanted to pull Finn's ears to listen to her. Ivory glared at Finn. "So stop accusing Jesse about Elena because he doesn't know everything about it." Finn stood up and walked out, leaving the envelope.

Ivory snatched it and put it in her bag. Maybe Finn's right. Jesse probably doesn't know things.

          *     *     *

Aaron was sitting beside Ivory that Jesse occupied yesterday. They are in French class. "How about we'll go on a date this Saturday?" he asked, moving closer beside her.

"Um, I am going to be with the officers about Elena," Ivory declined.

"Why? I thought Finn's going to be with the officers."

Ivory let out a harsh breath, "I am involved with it."

"Oh, I see," Aaron nodded. Aaron went home yesterday for some reasons. He told the teachers that it was too personal to tell them about his absence. He didn’t even tell Ivory about it.