Prelude: Drowned

Prelude

Drowned

Elena Fisher splashed water at her friend's face. Ivory Williams scoffed and did the same thing to Elena.

The music from the shore was blaring on Ivory's ears. Everyone there was dancing wildly and drinking. They forgot to tell their friend, Caitlin Summerfield, that they will call and join with them.

“Hey, Ivory," Elena said eventually and splashed another water at her.

“Hey, stop that!" Ivory exclaimed, irritated by Elena. The water was leveled on her shoulders and people could assumed that she's drowning.

She dived in the water and swam away from Elena. When she made out of the surface, her eyes were searching for her friend.

“Elena!" She called but no one answered. “This isn't funny!"

The summer air sent chills through her that it gave her goosebumps. Ivory roamed her eyes around, calling Elena's name.

She felt something on her ankle and it made her jumped a little. It could be a seaweed that clung on her ankle.

Ivory was about to step on the seabed when she was pulled in to the water. The water was penetrating inside her mouth when someone covered it along with her nose.

She was struggling but the person behind her was stronger. Until she lost her breath. The hand loosed and let go of her mouth. The shadow swam away, leaving her.

Ivory's visions blurred, her eyelids were threatening her to close her eyes. Her body lifted out of the water. Ivory saw a canopy of stars gleaming before her eyes. She lost her strength until her eyes were curtained.

She doesn't know that it would be the last time she'll see Elena.