Chapter 02: New Life, Forgotten Memories

Chapter 02

New Life, Forgotten Memories

Waiting for the bus to arrive, Ivory was standing next to the bus stop. It was the beginning of the school year. Elena is still missing and they started to make missing posters of Elena.

Ivory felt nervous this day.

She was wondering if they are new students for this year. She can barely breath for some reason. She felt that these new students are snobs—especially the freshmen. Last year, freshmen are friendly to her. Some of those friendly students turned in to snobs when they are now popular.

That's because of puberty... She thought once.

She was pulled back to reality when the bus is now in front of her. Ivory climbed in to the bus and looked for a vacant seat. She clutched her books in case it will fall. Her eyes landed on the back and she sat there immediately.

After one minute or so, the bus stopped and a guy around her age was walking toward her.

"C-can I sit here?" the guy asked her. His eyes were at hers, she nodded.

"Sure," she replied. He sat down and she moved herself against the window so the guy can sit beside her. She stared at him while he's looking down.

He looked different. He had raven hair that and dark brown eyes. He is tall at least five-foot-ten but had an awkward physique.

The driver was about to start the engine when a familiar face appeared inside the bus. Holly Shelley, a former social climber. Holly is now an outcast after an accident that occurred when they are still in grade seven. Holly was involved in a car crash with Elena after they illegally drove around the school until they fell off the cliff.

Elena only had cuts and bruises while Holly lost her voice. The doctors don't know if how did Holly got mute. So, Holly always brought notebooks or cellphone to type things that she wanted to tell. And after that, Holly didn't want to be friends with Elena after what happened.

The driver stopped the bus as the students dispersed to go to their classes. Someone shook her shoulders and it was the driver. "Are you going, miss?"

"Y—yeah," she got her money inside the pocket and handed it to the driver. "Here's my payment." And she went out of the bus. She was about to walk towards the school gates when someone kissed her cheeks.

"I miss you, babe," Aaron Vargas, her boyfriend, smiled at her. He draped his arms over her shoulders. Ivory can feel the heat on her cheeks.

"Me too," she grinned at him. "Let's go, we don't want to be late, do you?"

Aaron pulled her to him as they walked on the school campus. People that Ivory knew were looking at them.

They were together since June, after Ivory admitted that they wanted them to be more than friends. Thankfully, Aaron said yes and they started to date without Caitlin and Elena knowing. It's because they don't like Aaron for her. They only vote for Jeremy Turner, Ivory's childhood friend.

Ivory took Aaron's schedule and scanned her eyes at it, comparing his schedule to hers. "We're in English, Math, PE, Biology and French."

Before Aaron could reply, a hand on her shoulders startled Ivory. It was Caitlin Summerfield. "Hey, Ivory. I finally found you," Caitlin looked at the guy beside Ivory and gave him a plastic smile. "Hi, Aaron."

Aaron gave him a grin. "Hey, Caitlin." Caitlin snatched Ivory's hand away from Aaron.

"I think Ivory and I seriously need a talk."