Chapter 05: Vida un Poco

Chapter 05

Vida un Poco

She knocked on the door. Ivory was in front of the Fishers' house to talk to Mr. Fisher. It was twelve noon on Saturday when she went here. The door automatically opened and Mr. Fisher was standing before her eyes.

"Good afternoon Mr. Fish—"

"Don't call me Mr. Fisher," Mr. Fisher interrupted her with a firm tone. Ivory was wondering if Finn was in there.

"I'm so sorry about your daughter, I know it's my fault about Elena's disappearance but please, I want to help you to find her," she took a deep breath and resumed, "Finn told me that you wanted to meet with me."

Mr. Fisher crossed his arms and glared at her intensely. Ivory was about to speak when a cop appeared behind her.

"Mr. Fisher," the cop said and Mr. Fisher lead them inside the house. Ivory sat down on the couch across the cop and Mr. Fisher. This really intimidated her now she's in front of Elena's father. But she shouldn't be frightened. "Ms. Williams, I want you to explain everything about that night."

Ivory explained everything from Elena's disapproval of partying up to someone tried to yank her ankles.

The cop thought for a second. "There's another version of that story and it was told by someone who witnessed what happened. The witness told me that you set Elena up because you're holding a grudge against her."

Ivory widened her eyes. It wasn't the truth. "I never have a grudge against Elena since she's my best friend. And probably that person who told you that is a good for nothing jerk who seriously needs to get a life."

The cop was surprised by her outburst while Mr. Fisher still remained silent. "You seemed to look guilty."

Ivory stood up, looking at them. "Why would I be guilty? God knows what exactly happened that night."

"If you're not guilty, why are you overreacting?" Mr. Fisher asked coldly and Ivory had the urge to roll her eyes. "I know you are hiding something Ivory, you're not telling something."

She scoffed and took her bag on the table. "Fine, you can accuse me anything. A disgrace, a terrible friend, anything. But I must tell you, the truth will come out very soon."

Then she departed away from that house. Ivory went to the parking lot and slammed her car open to let herself in. Ivory dialed Caitlin's phone number.

"Hello?" Caitlin answered with a questioning tone in her voice.

"I went to the Fishers."

Ivory can imagine that Caitlin widened her eyes. "Why did you went there?"

"Mr. Fisher wanted to see me," she answered while she rested her head on the steering wheel. She didn't need to tell about Elena because Caitlin already knew what it is about. "It didn't turned out well because Mr. Fisher thought that I am guilty."

Ivory heard Caitlin scoffed. "He should know behind the story. I never like Mr. Fisher since Elena and we became friends. I need to go, see you on Monday."

Then the line went dead. The engine roared as Ivory drove away from the parking lot. She wanted to forgot what happened this day. Ivory stopped by at the Riverdale Café to ease her problems.

Ivory was finding a table until she saw a familiar face.

Jesse was sitting all by himself with an empty goblet in front of him. He was looking at the window, his thoughts were preoccupied.