Chapter 01: She's Not Guilty

Chapter 01

She's Not Guilty

She turned off her television. She put the remote control on the mahogany table. Ivory landed her head on the pillow. She haven't eat her breakfast yet after she took a shower. The thought of Elena made her worried too much.

She doesn't know if Elena's father will come back, what will be his reaction? Ivory sighed as she dug in her earphones on her ear. She clicked the radio on, changing the station to where 70's to 90's songs play. She had an obsession with old songs. When her family went to a fancy restaurant, old songs were live in there. It made her feel relaxed.

She sighed once more and closed her eyes. After a few minutes, her cellphone vibrated and she opened her eyes. It was a text from Jeremy Turner, her childhood friend, asking her if she's all right. She replied 'yes'.

She heard a knock from her door. “It's open!" Ivory said while she turned off the radio. The door opened and Eloisa Williams was holding a tray of breakfast. “Thank you mom, but I'm not hungry."

Eloisa put the silver tray on her bed. She sat next to her daughter. “Ivory, you barely eat since last week. I'm worried about your health. You will get sick if you're making that as your habit." She comforted her daughter. Ivory was lucky to have a mom like Eloisa. She's caring when it comes to her health and her grades. Eloisa can't stand her daughters suffer too much.

“I'm fine mom," she insisted. Ivory felt nothing about her health since Elena went missing. She wanted Elena to come back.

“But Ivory, it's for your own good. I'm sure that they will find Elena," she assured her daughter, giving her a small smile. “All you have to do that will make me happy is to eat your breakfast."

Eloisa sat up and walked at her door. She closed it. Ivory landed her eyes at the tray. She felt her stomach constricted.

So, she got the tray and placed it on her lap. At least that will make her mother happy.

After she's done devouring her breakfast, she put the tray on the table.

Where did Elena go? She asked to herself, expecting that someone will answer.

Something popped in to Ivory's mind.

She took her phone and searched Elena's phone number. She dialed it but the other line declined her call. Ivory speculated that someone had Elena's phone. She repeated it once again but the other line was still declining her. She nearly put it on her bed when it buzzed.

Someone was calling her.

She unplugged her earphones and placed it on her bed sheets. She turned her head back to her phone and clicked the answer button. “Elena, everyone is worried about you. You really need to go home..."

Ivory heard something from the other line. She heard waves. Maybe Elena left it somewhere on the beach. But someone actually answered her. “Hello, Elena, hello!"

"What do you want?" Ivory was suprised when someone finally spoke. It wasn't Elena's voice. It was a man's voice and she couldn't fathom if who it was. The voice wasn't familiar to her.

"Who is this? Why do you have Elena's phone?" She asked. She hoped that it will answer her question and find Elena.

“You lost her, Ivory!" The other line yelled and she glared at the ground.

“I don't know what you're talking about. Please, tell me who is this." She begged. She didn't heard him speak and to her dismay, the line went dead. Madness was plastered on her face as she put her phone on the table angrily.

He was right. She lost Elena and it's her fault for not keeping an eye on her. She would expect that she will be accused but she shouldn't be guilty that someone took Elena.

After all, she doesn't know who took her.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A/N: Hello guys! This chapter is quite short but I'm satisfied with it. Please tell me your thoughts and how can I improve my writing. If you like this chapter, click the vote button. It would mean the world to me if you would.

~ Ria xx