Chapter 3

As I walk into John B's house I see JJ with his nose bleeding and Kiara patching his cut's up. They turn to me as I walked in. "Thought you were sleeping at yours" Kiara says putting a cotton ball up to JJ's face. "OW KIE" "yeah I wanted to take a walk but it got to windy so I just decided to come in, JJ what happend." "Luke happend." I walk over and put my hand through his hair. "Sorry." "Ok I'm done. Do you think I can still call my parents or you this k WiFi's down?" "It's probably down but you can try. WiFi is better in the kitchen." I said to Kiara.

While John B walks in wet from surfing I say "Guys guess what I don't have to go to that errand I can help you guys set up!" "Yay Betty's helping us!" John B says picking me up. "Don't call me betty." I said playfully slapping his shoulder. "Ow that hurt Beth." "Or that either, Johnathan or should I call you Johnny?" I say laughing.

Time Jump to the keg.

I jump over the dead tree branches and help open up the bag of cups while JJ,John B, and Kiara play with the keg. "Hey guys people are coming now!" I walk over handing them a stack of cups and one for themselves. Some of our friends from school come up and grab a beer and talk. Kiara is talking to someone about saving the earth, JJ is flirting with some girls, Pope is trying to at least so I walk over to John B and see him watching someone in the distance.

I sigh, "what is she doing here." I hear Kie say. "I don't know but how about we get another cup hey?" "Yes you speak my language Betty!" "lizzz" I say walking up to the keg. I see Rafe and we make eye contact. "Hey Carter." And walks away. "What was that about?" "I honestly don't know Kie." I say.

It is around 11:30 when all the tourists file out and I am throwing my cup out because I got sand in it. "Eww" I groan. I look around for my friends Kiara is talking to Pope and JJ and John B are closer to the waves. I'm about to turn away until

"Hey Sarah, Sarah Cameron. You want a beer?" I hear JJ say.

"No I'm good." "I'll have some." I hear topper say everyone looks up at the conversation happening. "That's nice but I didn't ask you topper. Maybe if you said pretty please I would have given it to you." JJ says back. "Sarah you sure you don't want it?" Topper smacks the drink out of JJ hands splashing him in the face. I stood there in shock. JJ try's to hit him but John B hold him back. " Dirty Pougues!" John B rushes up and pushes him, Topper punches John B and I run up to the situation.

Topper pushed John B into the water. "Babe!" I hear Sarah say. "You don't want me to drown you like your old man John B." "Topper get off of him he just pushed you!" I say. "Shut it Carter you don't wanna be brought into this." He keeps pushing John B into the water. "Stop Guys!" "Babe stop" TOPPER" I hear Sarah scream as I turn and see Topper drowning John B.

I did the only logical thing I could think of. gunfire was shot into the sky. Everyone runs in every direction and leaves the beach. I make eye contact with Rafe and see his shocked face. "Let's go Rafe come on" Topper says trying not to piss me of further, seeing as I have a gun in my hands. JJ and Pope run to the water and start pulling John B up.
I look at my hand up facing the sky and immediately drop the gun. I turn to Kiara and she gives me a hug and I start crying.

"He was going to drown!" "I didn't want him to!" I said crying.

"I know Liz let's go home."

696 words