June

Anytime now, Danny thought. At any second Max was going to rip his mouth away from hers and all the hormones raging inside her would come to a screeching halt. It happened every time. The months had moved from May to June, but they had not moved from first base to second and it was frustrating the hell out of her.

Three weeks of making out – just making out – and it happened every single time. He would kiss her, the way he was right now, and every fiber of her being would come to life. Whether it was slow and easy, or fast and hungry, he would kiss her until she felt like she was going to burst if he didn't touch her, and then he would abruptly pull away. The minute he felt like they might lose control, he ended it.

But not tonight. She wasn't having any of that tonight. Not with the way she was feeling. Not with his tongue working its magic in her mouth. Not with his rock hard erection throbbing between her legs like that. Tonight she wanted to lose control.

He was on top of her, his chest crushing against her breasts; his hot, sexy mouth almost ravenous on hers. They were fully clothed, as they always were, yet tonight she was desperate for some kind of contact. She didn't know what exactly her body was craving for, but there was an urge growing inside her. Every inch of her skin begged for his attention and so far her mouth was the only place that got any action.

She moved hips against the hard length beneath his jeans and he groaned, a groan that made every womanly part of her tighten. Her nipples hardened against him.

He broke the kiss. "Danny," he whispered raggedly.

"No!" She buried her hands his hair, pulling him back down to her.

He lifted his head again. "I think...I really think..."

"Don't think! Just shut up and kiss me." She brought his mouth down hard on hers. She bucked her hips up again, the most sensitive part of her rubbing against the most sensitive part of him. The thin pair of cotton pajamas she wore was barely a barrier. She felt everything. It was thrilling, ecstatic, euphoric. But it wasn't enough. Something was happening inside her. Something so exquisitely excruciating and she knew he could feel it, too.

He twisted his hand in the bed sheet, wrapping it tightly around his knuckles. "Danny..."

The constricted moan of her name only made her want more. More of what, she didn't know, but she wanted it. The pressure built inside her and his kisses were having the most drugging effect on her brain. A breathless whimper escaped her lips. She moved her hips again and again, thrusting faster, pressing harder.

"Fuck, Danny!"

The choked whisper was the last thing she heard before everything stopped. Max pulled fiercely out of her grip and moved to sit on the edge of the bed.

He placed his elbows on his knees and dropped his head as he tried to catch his breath. "We can't...we can't do this..." He inhaled deeply a few more times as he pushed both hands through his hair and clasped his fingers together at the back of his head.

"Why...why won't you touch me?" Danny asked, still sounding breathless. She couldn't hide the bite of frustration in her voice, because that was exactly how she felt. Frustrated! Like someone had just dumped a bucket of ice water on her. He would turn her on until every inch of her was an aching, hot mess and then nothing! She hated this part the most. The cool down. It was almost painful. The point where her body had to accept that it had just been teased and tormented and there was nothing more to come. "Why won't you touch me?" she asked again, almost shouting this time.

He tilted his head slightly to look back at her. "I just...I think we should wait for you to regain your memory before...before we do anything more."