Gathering

About half a moon had passed since you met the RiverClan warrior, Hawkfrost. Tonight was supposed to be a full moon, meaning it was the night of the gathering. 

You sat under a willow tree, hoping you would be chosen but hoping Hawkfrost wouldn't  be chosen at the same time. If you and him met again, what would you say to him? 

"Squirrelflight, Birchfall, Cloudtail, and (Y/N) will go to the gathering." Firestar's meow rang in your ears. Getting up, you stretched and joined Squirrelflight near the chosen group, relieved that you were picked. 

For the past couple of days, Blackstar of ShadowClan had been trying to push the borders, and you wanted to know what Firestar would say to him. 

"Oh, (Y/N)!" Squirrelflight mewed, "We got chosen! I really really want to know what happened next in Fondpaw's story!" 

You twitched your whiskers in amusement. "Aren't you a bit old to be hanging around with apprentices?" Squirrelflight gave you an embarrassed look. "The story was very good," she defended herself. 

You swatted her playfully over the ear and rolled your eyes. Suddenly, The chosen group bounded forwards, leaving you and Squirrelflight in the clearing. "Hey! Guys! Wait up!" You called to the cats, but they had already ran out of sight. 

"Squirrelflight, come on!" 

You and Squirrelflight ran side by side until you found Firestar waiting for you at the fallen log to the island. "(Y/N), Squirrelflight, what took you so long?" You both lowered your heads. "Sorry, Firestar," you and Squirrelflight said in union. 

Then you follwed Firestar onto the log, with Squirrelflight behind you. When you leaped down on the other side, you saw cats everywhere. You looked up at the leader's tree, and glared at Blackstar. 

The big tom was washing himself calmly, as if he didn't have a care in the world. Squirrelflight went of to a smaller looking ShadowClan she-cat, probably Fondpaw. 

You decided to try a group of senior warriors, older than you. Maybe you could get some more knowledge, without apprentices. 

Someone bumped into you, and you looked around, ready for a sharp reply. Then you saw the brown tabby pelt with the white chest and underbelly with the blue eyes. 

Oh no, you thought. It's Hawkfrost.