Training

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" 

The sound of Shinepaw's meow echoed through the warriors' den. You grunted, blinking the sleep from you eyes. 

"Shinepaw, as my apprentice, you should know better than to disturb the older warriors," you scolded her half-heartedly. 

You heard her squish back out. "Sorry, (Y/N)!" 

You shook the moss from you pelt, and stretched your body in an arc-like shape. Then you yawned, and padded out of the den. You found Shinepaw practising a wobbly hunter's crouch. When she saw you, Shinepaw bounced up in excitement. "Hi, (Y/N)! What are we going to do today? Hunt? Battle train? Gather herbs?" You thought Shinepaw sounded so happy you almost didn't want to tell her that you were going to give her a tour of the territory. 

"Shinepaw, stop mewling loudly! You're not going to any of those things. You'll just get to know borders!" Shinepaw looked in the direction of the voice and found Dustpelt glaring at her from the entrance of the warriors' den. 

The apprentice flattened her ears, but stopped asking you questions. Casting a grateful glance at Dustpelt, you told Shinepaw to grab a quick meal. She obeyed, and went to join Pebblepaw near the apprentices' den eating a shrew. 

Taking the chance, you quickly asked Brambleclaw if you could go on a solo patrol and he agreed. "Don't take too long, (Y/n)!" he called after you, "Your apprentice will be waiting!" 

You gave him a flick of your tail tip, signaling you heard. 

TIME SKIP: IN THE FOREST 

A starling flew right over your head, but you didn't bother to catch it. Your mind was too focused on the gathering that occurred days ago. Firestar hadn't said if he would allow RiverClan to hunt on ThunderClan's territory, but nor did he deny it. 

Perhaps he's still thinking about it. As you were lost in your thoughts, a lone squirrel was squeaking loudly. "Huh. That's weird." You muttered to yourself. 

But then you saw a RiverClan cat streaking after it, his paws pounding on the earth. You had to control your laughter. There was no way he could catch it like that. 

Making a different approach to the squirrel, you estimated to where it would run next and waited. Finally, when it ran straight into your paws your flipped it into the air and broke its neck quickly with your teeth. 

You were just about to look around for the RiverClan tom when he snatched the squirrel away from your paws. "Thank you," he said in a voice you knew too well. 

You unsheathed your claws. "Give it back, Hawkfrost. It was killed on ThunderClan territoy." 

Hawkfrost eyed you lazily. "And who's going to take it from me? You? Don't forget you still owe me after I saved you from those foxes." 

Your tail twitched. "Fine. But next time I see you here, you'll be crow-food." But Hawkfrost grinned teasingly. "Your debt is not complete, (Y/n). I saved you from death, and you expect me to be fine with a squirrel?" 

You glared at him. "I will do this only once."  You opened your jaws to scent prey, and almost suddenly heard a mouse. Stalking it, you sensed Hawkfrost's gaze on your pelt. I can't embarrass myself now.  

Jumping out of the grass, you found the mouse's heart and pierced it with your claws. You truned your head to look at the RiverClan tom. "Satisfied?" 

"Very." He replied, and took the two pieces of prey in his jaws, and walked back to his own territory in a very annoying way. 

*****************************************************************************************

Yay! That was kind of a long chapter and I still haven't checked it for typos :p. Anyways expect another update tomorrow (I hope)!

May StarClan light your path!