11- Big News & Annoying Senpais

"I get a boyfriend and he leaves me the next day." I groan, collapsing onto my bed.

"He didn't leave you." My mother walks around my room, laughing. "He's training in Tokyo with his team."

"Is there a difference?" I pout and my father walks in.

"Eva, we have something to tell you." My father says.

My mom looks at me a bit nervously and they sit down at the edge of my bed. My eyebrows furrow and I sit up, looking at them.

"We have some big news, and a question to ask, as well as a gift." My mother informs me and I nod slowly, biting my lip.

What could they possibly say? A million things run through my mind, but I sort of get the idea when my dad places his hand on my moms stomach.

"We're pregnant."

My eyes instantly widen and my hand flies over my mouth.

"BUT YOU'RE OLD!" I exclaim and my mother deadpans.

"I am 35 you little brat. I had you when I was 19! I'm young!" She sticks her nose up, looking away.

"I'm 37. I feel old as hell." My dad sighs. He then turns serious and I straighten up. "I know this may be a little hard for you. I love you very much- you're my daughter. But your mother and I agreed that we wanted to expand the family a little bit. We don't want you to be upse-"

I cut my fathers words off by practically flinging myself across the bed and wrapping my arms around both of their shoulders.

"I'm not mad, dad." I say quickly. "I'm happy for you guys. And plus, you're married now. You want kids together too, right? How can I be mad at that?" I chuckle a bit.

He quickly puts his hands on my shoulders and pushes me away, holding me at arms length.

"You know that I'll be just as much as your father as I am this baby's father, right?" He asks, worry lacing his tone.

I laugh a bit, nodding.

"I know. You're my Otō-San!" I smile and he squeezes my shoulders.

"The other thing is..." My mom grabs my hands and my father pulls away. She looks a bit nervous as she shares a glance with my dad. "I don't know how you feel about your biological father...but I've changed my last name already. I don't want to force you to do anything, so if you want to keep Thomas then you can. But if you want to change it to Ueno..." She trails off, looking at me.

My father stares expectantly and I don't even need time to think about it.

"I want to be called Ueno too." I say and both of their eyes widen.

"Yeah?" My father asks, his eyes brightening.

"Mhm!" I smile.

My mother grins, giving me a tight hug as we laugh.

"Ah! Then the last thing is the gift." My father says, grabbing his wallet. "You've been studying Japanese hard, doing well on your exams, and keeping up well with the house. Your mother and I both have good jobs- oh. Did I tell you we're going to start up our own business together? We're building our own law firm." His eyes brighten and mine widen.

"Oh, did you get all that?" He asks and I nod quickly.

"Yes! That's great! Congratulations." I smile at the two of them.

"Thank you." He chuckles. "Anyways, we know it was hard to just move to another country, but we're very thankful that you did so without complaints. You've been working very hard, and so we wanted to give you this."