4: Destiny or a coincidence? #2 (cont)

A/N: Here's the continuation of the earlier part. Please vote and comment on the story if you like it. Thank you! :)

>*<*>*<

"So, Team is it? Interesting name." P'Off starts with an engaging smile.

"Um, thank you sir. Is there anything I can get for you..?"

Mild jumps in and gets to the point. "How about you pull a chair and join us?"

"M-me, sir?"

"Yes. It's going to be a long chat, you might as well be comfortable." Mild mentions and both Newie and Win groan in sync.

"Alai wa?" (What)

By now, the spooked beta is suspicious glancing between the transparently curious and excited faces. He looks around and takes a step back in apparent alarm when Gulf stands up in haste. Tay coughs, shaking his head and as if it were a signal, someone (Singto) grabs Gulf's hand and pulls him down.

"You're spooking him with your glares." Singto mutters when he turns to question him.

Gun, the serene omega and most practical member of their group, addresses the wary beta politely. "Please don't be alarmed, Team. We only just want to know few things. You're not in any trouble, I swear."

"Ah, yes. You will get paid, nothing to worry about." Mild adds.

"Okay...?" Team doesn't sound too enthused but it is clear there's no choice but to go with the flow. "Um, how can I help- I mean, what is it that you want to ask me?"

They all glance towards Gulf and he gladly takes the lead. Win, Earth, Newie and Tay unanimously decide to stay on the sidelines and let the others take turns in interrogating the beta. Forgoing beating the bush, the excited alpha questions the guarded beta about his gig and whereabouts last night.

"Er, y-yes, the hotel gig. I- I worked my shift and left. W- what about it? I didn't get any negative feedback or complaints from the agency. So I know there's no need for enquiry of any sorts.. Um, I, even if you ask...there's nothing to tell. I- I'm so tired from working similar jobs this entire week, it's all a blur. Hmm, these gigs are all the same y'know.. even this one, just serve drinks and food. Er, nothing noteworthy stands out..why- why do you ask?"

Gulf takes a deep breath. "We know it isn't you who showed up for work. Just tell us who the omega is and where to find him."

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, sir."

"It's okay, Team. You're not in trouble for sending another person in your place, neither is the guy who subbed. We just want to know the details of the omega and how he came to be in your place." P'Gun gently requests.

The deceptively childlike appearance of P'Gun with his hipster spectacles works in their favor as Team appears to actually consider coming clean. He darts a calculating look towards the silent members and stops at Gulf, visibly faltering. For whatever reason, Team reverts back and refuses to admit the truth.

Mild having stayed quiet all this time at last bursts out; annoyed the other beta is still remaining tight-lipped. "You really don't get who you're dealing with, do you? The person that just spoke with you, P'Gun – he is the co-owner of the hotel where you supposedly worked last night. Of course, if you really showed up there then you would know that! So, Team why don't you start speaking?"

Gulf intervenes when Team shows defiance rather than acquiescence like they're expecting. This was supposed to run smoothly. Screw first impressions from his mate's friend, it is time to wrap this up quick. "We can prove it wasn't you at the hotel. Will you talk then?"