iii » house of pranks

★ 𝚃𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚍.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

KT glanced to her left, at Eleanor, who was sitting a table over from her in Biology. She was paying attention to the professor, and she was smiling, unlike pretty much every other student in the class.

"Hey," Fabian, who was sitting beside KT, whispered, nudging her.

"Huh? What?" KT spoke, slightly disorientated.

Fabian didn't answer, just nodded towards their professor, who was looking at KT expectantly.

Quickly, KT put two and two together, figuring out that she'd just been asked a question, but, obviously, wasn't paying attention.

"Erm, I . . ." she hesitated.

Again, Fabian nudged her, then tapped down on his notebook, where he'd scribbled down the answer.

"Hypothalamus," KT said.

"Thank you very much, Fabian," their professor said, "Next time, KT, please pay attention."

"Sorry."

A few minutes passed and KT felt awkward for every single one, until the bell rung and everyone stood up and left.

"You should probably pay attention to Mr. Summers instead of staring at me," Eleanor chuckled, lingering back by KT, while everyone one else left.

"I wasn't staring," KT said. And she was being honest, she wasn't staring, just looking, maybe even analysing. She wasn't even too sure herself why she was looking at Eleanor.

She hasn't said a word to Eleanor since she arrived yesterday, not even hello. But she was curious, especially as no one in Anubis House seemed to be ordinary, not even herself.

"Mmm, okay," Eleanor chuckled, as the two of them walked out of the classroom, "So, do you live in America, or are you just from there?"

"How do-"

"The accent," Eleanor cut KT off before she could even finish her sentence.

"Right. Of course. I live there. I have a family relation to Anubis House, so that's why I'm here."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, erm, Robert Frobisher-Smythe."

"I don't know anything about this place," Eleanor laughed, "So a name really doesn't mean anything to me."

KT smiled. Whether or not Eleanor was in one way or another related to something Egyptian, it was a strangely comforting feeling that she was unaware of the house's history.

Maybe things really would go back to normal this year.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The first day back in education at Amun Academy wasn't as eventful as Sibuna were expecting. Other that the worry about the construction workers digging into Frobisher-Smythe's tunnels.

Mr. Sweet seemed totally normal, and not like he was back to his old evil ways, unlike Victor.

So far, everything in Anubis House seemed normal. It was weird.

Eddie, despite wanting to focus on his education this year, was desperate for something abnormal to present itself.

After leaving the school building, Eddie grabbed Patricia's wrist, "Hey, Yacker."