v » house of sibuna

★ 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜, 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎. 𝚃𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎. ★

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Patricia and Eddie had debated for an hour—fifty-nine minutes more than they should've—about how to gather the rest of Sibuna for a meeting. Patricia insisted upon an Egyptian-style note, maybe with a small sketch of the crook, as a teaser for what they were going to be told. It didn't take long for Eddie to shut down Patricia's idea, and suggest a group text.

The two of them threw pros and cons at each other, as though it was a serious social issue, as though it even made the smallest difference. Unlike most properly constructed debates, though, neither of them cared about the other's idea or reasoning. They only cared about their idea being the one that was chosen.

Eddie, after reminding Patricia that he was the leader of Sibuna, won. So, he sat on his bed and sent an message to a group chat:

Mine and Fabian's room now. Thsi is important.

Fabian glanced up from his phone, looking at Eddie, "Did you just send a message to me, inviting me to the room that I'm already in?"

"Not just you."

"Right," Fabian nodded slowly, "You spelled 'this' wrong, by the way, genius."

Within a few minutes, all of Sibuna had gathered in the room. Everyone except Patricia and Eddie confused, but intrigued.

"I get that the text was easier in your mind, by would it have killed you to have proof-read it?" Patricia asked.

"Everyone's here, aren't they? The end goal has been achieved."

"What exactly is going on?" KT asked, "Why have we been summoned via a text with poor spelling?"

"Can you all stop picking on me?" Eddie rose his tone, as he stood up, "Right," he clapped his hands, "Patricia and I found something . . . something Egyptian."

Amber's eyes widened and a smile grew on her face, "Are you saying this is related to Sibuna? Is Sibuna back on?" Her facial expressions then dropped. It wasn't quite anger, more annoyance. She didn't even wait for Eddie to respond, before she hit his arm with the back of her hand, "Sibuna are getting back together and you tell us in a text, Eddie?"

"A text with bad spelling," Fabian mumbled under his breath.

"Let it go, Fabian; we aren't all as academic as you," Eddie rolled his eyes.

"It was the word 'this', Eddie! Four letters."

Eddie just chose to ignore Fabian. It was easier than trying to defend himself, when he knew he didn't stand a chance. Instead, knowing that it would stop everyone from whining about his spelling mistake, Eddie reached under his bed and pulled out the crook, displaying it to everyone.

He and Patricia had both decided that the crook was safer downstairs, instead of in Patricia's room, where, if they needed to take it somewhere, they had to continuously go past Victor. So, they'd moved it.