vi » house of stake-outs

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝙸𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍, 𝚒𝚝 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"You started it."

"I started it? You smeared toothpaste all over the Anubis House floor."

"Not all over. Just the hallway. You sat next to me, even when I told you to move."

"Oh, boo-hoo. Just accept you're the reason we're in this trouble."

"I'm the reason? Again, you made Mr. Sweet slip and fall."

"Arguably, he did that himself."

Jerome and Kyle were sat in their seats in English, throwing comments back and forth, both of them refusing to take responsibility for the punishment that Mr. Sweet gave them: reorganising all of the unclassified school files. And there were hundreds, dating back to the date the school first opened, in the mid-1900s.

In a desperate attempt to block out the bickering happening behind her, Patricia turned to Eddie and whispered, "Hey, why didn't you want us to contact Nina? You acted really weird about it."

"Oh, it's nothing, nothing at all," Eddie dismissed, "I didn't mean to act weird, I just don't want to bother Nina and put her in danger again."

Patricia didn't seem quite convinced by Eddie's answer, but, regardless, she nodded and accepted it.

To the left of Patricia and Eddie, both Willow and Alfie were also chatting, along with laughing, so Patricia decided to focus on that sound instead of Jerome and Kyle's annoying voices, which seemed to be getting louder and louder.

"Everyone, quiet please!" Ms. James announced, walking into the room, "That includes you at the back, Jerome Clarke."

"But Kyle was also—" Jerome tried to talk, but quickly got cut off by Ms. James.

"I said quiet!"

"Nepotism," Jerome grumbled under his breath, as Kyle grinned, and Ms. James started the class.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

After heavy discussion about what to do regarding the crook, and who was moving it up to the attic, Sibuna agreed they'd watch it, in the hope they catch the culprit in the act. Or, better yet, in the hope it would reveal more to them about the crook, because they hardly knew anything. Fabian had hit a dead-end on the research, and they had no new clues. Maybe, whomever was moving it was the answer.

Unanimously, they'd ruled out Victor, because, given his track record, he'd hide it, not leave it out on display. That left four people: Jerome (who had always held some curiosity towards the mysteries, but seemed too involved with revenge on Kyle to focus on anything else); Willow (who no one suspected, for very obvious reasons. Unless, of course, she'd been playing a very good oblivious-game for a year . . . which was a idea that Alfie shut down almost instantly); Trudy (who had accidentally been roped into the mystery before, but was brainwashed out of it. Since then, everyone was almost certain she was clueless to everything); and then there was Eleanor (who no one really knew. Out of the four of them, she seemed the most likely to be the culprit, but they didn't want to suspect her just because they didn't really know her).