iv » house of division

★ 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚍. ★

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

"Only twenty-four more hours, Corbierre," Victor spoke, as he delicately stroked the beak of his stuffed raven, while looking into his eyes, "and then I can change the name of that device in the kitchen from that annoyingly little cult the children have created."

Of course, Victor knew that, by definition, the residents in Anubis House were no longer children, but legally adults. And that annoyed him. He couldn't put his finger on why, but it did.

He stood up, stroking Corbierre from his head down to his tail, then moving over to his window, which he looked out of, being dramatic as ever.

"Once we change the name to something ordinary, those foolish children will start saying their group name again, and we will hear every syllable they say. Genius, isn't it, the inventions of the twenty-first century? We will always be two steps ahead."

Upon looking for advanced technological protection for the Touchstone of Ra, Victor found a piece of machinery, that acted like a perfect voice-activated household helper. Beyond that, though, it recorded every word that was said and saved it to Victor's computer. Fifteen minutes either side of the word 'Sibuna' being spoken, was stored into a separate folder.

The only annoying downside to the device was that the name had to be used for a week, so that the device would recognise that word, and differentiate it from all other spoken words. However, in a day, Victor could change the name, so the only people speaking it were the students.

As much as Victor didn't want the students to find out about what was going on this year, they always seemed to have a way of finding out things that Victor, himself, would never discover. So, although they didn't know it, he needed them.

Again, Victor moved. Back over to Corbierre, this time, as he leaned down and looked at the bird, "Now, Corbierre, let's just hope those construction workers find the crook."

As he stood up and straightened his posture, something caught his eye: the key cabinet. All keys were in place . . . all except one, the cellar key.

"Those miscreants are up to something."

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Being in university now meant everyone had so much more free time. Often, with the students taking many different classes, their free time didn't align. However, every Wednesday afternoon, all nine Anubis residents had a few hours together. And, of course, they chose to all spend it in the student lounge. No one wanted to spend more quality time obeying Victor's rules under the roof of Anubis House.

Despite all being together, they weren't chatting as a group. In fact, they were all quite disconnected.

Whispers were being exchanged by Patricia and Eddie, as they sat on the edge of the stage, both looking at Eddie's laptop.

Amber and Eleanor were on a couch, both chatting about their fashion course. Willow, although not on the course, was listening into the conversation with intrigue.