ix » house of coins

★ 𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. 

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

All of Sibuna sat around Amber's bed before breakfast, comforting her in her frightened state. KT was sat on the edge of her bed, her hand on Amber's arm.

"And do you remember the song?" Fabian said.

"It was just a tune, Fabian. It wasn't words. It was like, da da da da da da da da da da," Amber sung, wildly out of tune.

"Ten beats?"

"Yes, Fabian," Amber sighed, exhausted.

"But what do we do with this information?" Eddie asked, "Amber, do you think you could dream about her again and ask her some questions?"

"Look at her, Eddie!" Patricia rose her tone, "She's terrified, we don't need to be asking this of her so soon after waking up from a different nightmare."

"We need these answers, though."

"And we will figure it out. We always do."

"I'm just worried about Amber."

"Seems like you care about every girl in Anubis House except me!" Patricia rose her tone, before storming out of the room and heading down to breakfast.

"What was that about?" KT asked.

"I'll tell you later," Eddie mumbled, "Amber, we'll figure this out, I promise."

"We will," Fabian assured, "I'll head to the library after classes and see if I can find anything about ten beat tunes."

"Thank you," Amber whispered.

Sibuna then started to stand up. It was almost eight, so breakfast would be starting soon, and they needed to eat before classes, especially Amber.

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

Victor sat in his office, listening to the recording from the living room, hoping to hear the students talk about something crucial.

"Am I going to die?" Amber's voice sounded.

"Of course you're not going to die," KT said.

"But the locket glowed for me. I'm going to die!"

"If we go down, then we go down together," Eddie said.

"How is that a helpful thing to say right now? . . . We've saved the world before, Amber. We won't let you die. And today is Saturday, so we don't have any classes, and can focus on getting to the bottom of your dream. Sibuna."

"Sibuna," everyone repeated.

Victor hit pause on the recording, and then turned to face Corbierre, "Something suspicious is happening, Corbierre. And Miss Millington seems to know she's special."