Fighting Love (Iwaoi)

Aoba Johsai used to have segregated sports teams until a year ago when a new law was passed in order to have equal rights for all secondary genders. Thus not many people on the Seijoh team are omegas. No one on the team really cared about secondary gender and neither did they hold any preconceived ideas for how one should mate. That's why when it came to light that their alpha captain and vice captain were dating, no one on the team really cared all that much. Everyone else at the school, however, would gossip about it since it was unnatural for an alpha to mate with an alpha.

"They'll never last." "They must fight all the time." "I wonder who tops?" "Can you even truly mate when both being alphas?"

Oikawa walked down the hall listening to all the not so quiet gossip about him and Iwaizumi. It doesn't bother him, at least that's what he tells everyone. Only Iwaizumi gets to see the side of him that's not putting up a bold front. He'd learned how to keep his irritation out of his scent back in middle school so only his team could really tell when he was irritated. Which only ever seemed to be when someone bothered his kouhai or when Iwaizumi ignored him.

"Hey Trashykawa wait up!" He heard from behind him, only one person this could be. He sighed before a hand grabbed his own and they walked to lunch together.

"Oikawa you seemed off in morning practice everything ok?" Makki asked as they sat at their regular lunch table.

"He's probably just distracted by the stupid comments everyone seems to be making about him and Iwa." Mattsun concluded before adding, "I seriously don't know who let out that you're dating but if I find out I'll beat their ass for you."

Makki and Mattsun have been together for a while but didn't get nearly the same amount of hate since they are both beta. However they still get hate for not being able to properly mate. Oikawa placed a lot of his trust into his friends when it came to relationship problems so it made him less worried when they assure him that they support him and would beat people up for him.

Leaning into Iwaizumi was like a second nature at this point but whenever he tried to scent the other it would just turn into a battle of pheromones until everyone in the room knew what they were doing. Iwaizumi smelled like a campfire whereas his own scent was said to be like fresh mint. So their battles usually left people feeling suffocated and teary eyed since their scents mixed to make a minty smoke.

A hand held his waist in a possessive way but he didn't really mind when it was Iwaizumi. Out of the two Oikawa was more likely to backdown when it came to alpha instincts, he wasn't sure if it was just because Iwaizumi was a stronger alpha or it was just because he liked him too much to fight all the time. Oikawa got insecure sometimes especially with all the rumours going around saying that Iwaizumi could do better and find an attractive pretty omega to be his mate, one who would be able to provide everything for him like a child for instance.

"I think we're going to head to the roof for the rest of lunch just to talk, alone for a bit. Please excuse us." Iwaizumi said as he guided a slightly confused Oikawa up to the vacant roof. He was surprised when he was pulled into a warm embrace and an accompanying campfire scent that made him feel more at ease.

"What's wrong Tooru? You can talk to me you know, I won't judge, I just want to see you happy." Oikawa's hands gripped on the back on Iwaizumi's jacket not wanting him to all the sudden disappear.

"Do you...do you ever wish that you- that you were dating an omega instead of me?" His question hung in the air and he tries to predict the answer through scent change alone. The smokiness becomes more potent and Iwaizumi tenses when Oikawa's mint rises to start to drown it out. He's angry but not at Oikawa, just at all the people putting these ideas into his head. He reins in his scent and nuzzles a little into Oikawa's scent gland.

"Never. I've never wanted to be with anyone other you. Even if we're deemed incompatible it won't stop me from loving you. And we can even try to bond in the future cause there's always a chance it might work. I'm not ever going to leave you Tooru."

Oikawa pulls away from the embrace to look into Iwaizumi's eyes which were dark brown meaning his alpha wasn't at the surface. A smirk crosses his face at how whipped they both are for each other plus there was no need to worry if they couldn't handle themselves.

"Iwa-chan, if aliens take me I'm probably not coming back for you." Oikawa said in all seriousness.

"Don't worry I'm sure they'd get annoyed and drop you back here in no time at all. I wouldn't even have enough time to know you got abducted." Iwaizumi responded with a playful glimmer in his eyes.

"I'm not annoying Iwa-chan. The aliens would make me their king." A small punch hit against Iwaizumi's chest at the statement. But he couldn't help but laugh at his alien-obsessed boyfriend which just bought him another punch, this time to his arm.