Attention (Kagehina)

The halls seemed to be completely quiet as Kageyama stared at the orange haired boy in front of him. Even though there were crowds of students around, it was like they didn't exist. 'This was not the plan' Hinata thought. 'He wasn't supposed to see me like this, like the disgusting creature I am.' Hinata could only watch as Kageyama's shocked eyes turned to the floor as he slowly backed away from the what he now knew to be an alpha. The scent that Hinata was giving off was so strong he almost couldn't breathe. Hinata was at a loss for words as he watched his best friend run down the halls away from him.

Hinata's POV

I almost ran after him but the strong feeling of betrayal that seemed to gleam in his eyes stopped me. I hated my second gender. All my life I expected to be an omega. Every aspect of my being pointed towards the paternal nature and submissive nature of an omega. When the test came back that I was an alpha I stayed holed up in my room for a week. I didn't want to be associated with the harsh  and cruel ways of an alpha. So I did everything I could, taking scent suppressants and forcing my second gender to the side as much as possible. I guess it wasn't enough. Now everyone in the school will know I'm an alpha. And it's all my own damn fault.

Third person POV

Hinata ran in the opposite direction that Kageyama went, just to get away from the crowd. He ignored the thoughts of regret and anxiety creeping in on him. The only thing on his mind was getting somewhere safe first. He stopped in the empty bathroom next to the volleyball gym and went into a stall before sinking down to the floor. He started to shake, his breathing sped up as tears rolled down his face. 'Kageyama is scared of me now, everyone is scared of me now' Hinata thought. 'How could I confess that I like Kageyama if he hates me even more now.'

Hinata froze as he heard the bathroom door open and two sets of foot steps come in. 'People can't see me like this, they'll think I'm weak.' He tried to quiet his breathing as he listened to the footsteps getting closer.
"Hinata? Are you in here?" said a very concerned voice. He kept quiet as the footsteps stopped outside of his stall door.
"Open the door Hinata we are here to help."
He knew he couldn't have hidden from the team parents but he didn't expect them to find him while he was still in this state. He stares at the lock on the door as it starts to turn to unlock.

"We're coming in Hinata." Sugawara says as the door starts to open.
Hinata backs into a corner his face buried in his knees. He lets off a very strong scent in which you could smell the anxiety and regret meant to keep people away as the alpha is in a vulnerable state. Suga doesn't care that going up to the alpha goes against his ever present omega instinct because to him it's his pup who needs him. Daichi watches as his mate goes to embrace the shaking alpha and as the omega lets off a very comforting scent that seems to calm Hinata enough that he stops shaking.

Suga pulls away to look at Hinata whose face is all red and blotchy and who still seems on edge from whatever happened earlier. "Wanna tell us what happened Hinata?" Suga asked in a motherly tone. Hinata looks up at the couple and starts to tell them everything that happened that day.

~Flashback to this morning~

Everyday Hinata dreaded going to school. He was scared he wouldn't be able to hold back one of these times and everyone would know that he's an alpha. He walked to school and met Kageyama on the way to early morning practice. Even though Kageyama did not tell him he was sure the he was an omega even though he tried to act like an alpha.

He knew from the first day of volleyball practice when he got in a fight with Tsukishima. Since Tsukishima was proudly an alpha and easily got annoyed he had growled at Kageyama only to get reprimanded by Daichi. Hinata seemed to be the only one to notice the flash of fear in Kageyama's eyes, in response to Tsukishima's growl and how he avoided him for the rest of practice.
Hinata couldn't deny the fact that he was starting to fall for the omega-try-to-be-alpha who was constantly pestering him. Hinata acted like an omega and used enough scent suppressants to not smell like an alpha so Kageyama didn't know any better.