Chapter Two- Some Strange Are Bigger Than Others

Avery

"Are you ready to go?" I hear Emma say, as she grabbed her things. I only groaned on the bed. School for me was far fetched,I don't see myself graduating in the near future, but I also wanted to leave this hell hole of a school.
Steadily, I threw my legs from my bed,seeing Emma fetch her phone make up,and emergency make up box. The girl meant business I'll give her that. Wearing a cashmere sweatshirt which hugged her sexy body in all the right places,with a black ripped mini skirt, which was killer. On my desk are homework piled up, like laundry only this time mom wasn't here to tell me to do them.
"I can't miss my study session with my group..." She was saying while moving about the room agitated, I went to our bathroom. "Hmm. let me guess, Thayer is in it too." I tease.
"What? No!" she answers almost automatically with a scoff, I open the door to peek at her face a little. she burst out laughing when she saw my face. "okay well, maybe. I mean come on! He's hot, like a Hollywood star lost his way in our school kind of hot" Emma enthuses while fanning herself with her hand. I only rolled my eyes, I wasn't a big fan on romance. All too fairytale to me. True the guy is hot, all athletes are but the way Emma immortalized the guy was a bit demeaning of her, knowing her to be a girl of high standards.
I got out. " He's slept with like almost every girl in his class, and you're cool with that?" I ask. " I know...did you expect him to be a virgin or something?"Emma retorts as I got cleaned up,unwrapping my hair from the towel."no?" I say, fairly spoken. She had a point.
"That's what makes him all the more wanted. His badness." Oh my God! My bestie just lost her mind. I wore a white short dress with a pair of jeans, my notes in one hand, I linked an arm in hers and walked out the door. "let's go Juliet!" I say with a laugh, she laughs too. "Seriously he's like a younger version of Tom welling from Smallville!" Exasperated Emma.
In class we had to separate, Emma had Biology, I had English. Our class was literally the school's worship hall, exception of the pews on either sides, and the glass alter , on the walls, murals of Christian figures, and historical leaders hung all around. Like a child practised her scrap booking art with it. The kids here, really were rotten to the marrow: some of them senators kids, bloody corrupt politician's children, kids with broken homes like mine, and fifty percent orphans. we all wore anything we wanted and occasionally showcased our madness, yup! This place was officially a madhouse.
Sitting down beside a guy with headphones, his music was so loud, I could here part of the bass playing faintly, escaping from his ears. I dropped my battered copy of our English text The Lord Of The Flies by some British guy I'd forgotten his name.
Our English teacher, Ms. Louis entered the room with her usual brown blazer,and black skirt, she was thirty three, but looked fifty. Can't say I blame her. You work in this kind of school, with students like us, life is bound to hit you hard across the face.
"Alright students let's take a peek at what your exams will look like shall we..." she starts, tugging at her bag and retrieving her copies of the syllabi, distributing it to the class and telling us to pass it on, my partner handed me one. Shit! An exam was dew in weeks. From the corner of my eyes I caught a group of kids all wearing leather jackets and snickering at me, kids I dreaded to see each day; Andy, a junior like I was, who laughed at the slightest things you said, Becky, a total bitch who was the Queen bee in school, her dad was royalty, or so they say, so she was untouchable here, and I heard she was dating Thayer, (I though Emma was) the hottest guy at our school.
I opened my text, when a wild gust of wind blew in from the window directly over my book. Making the pages flip rapidly and scattering all of my notes. Okay so I did care a little about school. Big deal.
I tried to keep it under control but couldn't. Behind me Becky giggles with her clique that looked like the poisons from Riverdale, and for a second I thought I saw the sun settling on her eyes making them glow brightly before returning to their normal color. Weird! I thought. Look who's talking! I heard a warm voice in my head. A lady. Which sent goosebumps all over my body. Oh great! My sickness was kicking in again, why did I forget to take my pills this morning?
Those pills are killing you Missy. The voice says again. Frantically I looked around, trying to find a face that matched the voice in my head, which yes, I agree was dumb as hell, but I didn't have much of an option. The voice was driving me more crazy than I already was. My eyes froze on the seat far below Me, all I saw where kids chattering animatedly.
You won't find me dear, not now. Til later then. I felt the voice fade away, which brought back unwanted memories that weren't worth remembering.
*****