CHAPTER 10: Birthday Memories Part 3

I woke up at around 4 PM, feeling a little better. What really picked up my mood, though, was finding a text from Dumont. It read:

Hey there, miss you today. Wanna go grab a bite?

I smiled and started typing something I wasn't planning on.

Actually can we make it little fancy? It's kind of my birthday and I wanna celebrate.

I watched the 'writing' symbol followed by the three dots on the top of the screen just below her name for a while until the message appeared.

KINDA YOUR BIRTHDAY! OMG. Get dressed, I'll make some calls and I'll have you in a limousine within the hour!

For all her faults and fuck ups, I can't say she was never giving towards me. She was generous and uncomplicated with her money. I think she said once that she was used to girls dating her for her money. They were always very attractive women, so she thought 'Meh, it's a fair enough trade'. That's probably why, when I asked her for something fancy, while I was thinking of a nice place drinking coffee or tea, she was thinking of what she came up with that night. I took a bath and tried my best to remove any residue of paint. I also trimmed, you know where, because, well, there was no way we weren't getting private.

I chose my clothes based on what made me feel more attractive. That day it was a gray blouse with a loose V-neck, tight jeans, leather boots and a leather jacket. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt confident, and I promised myself I wouldn't let her ruin this day for me. For once, she wouldn't take it away from me.

Ellen texted almost an hour later and said:

Hope you're ready, 'cause I'm downstairs.

I grabbed my wallet, my keys and when I picked up my phone, I decided that... no. I'm not going to take it with me and only to keep looking at the screen hoping she writes, and then feeling shitty because she did. No, I was going to enjoy myself. As I exited the building, an Ellen dressed as a Rockstar, jean jacket, and sunglasses included, with half her body popping up through the limousine's sunroof. She spread her arms with pride. She seemed very happy with herself for being able to get a limousine in such a short notice.

"Wow!" she said when she saw me, got inside the limousine, and then exited through the door to come and hug me. Once she pulled away, she placed a hand on her chest and with a taken demeaner she said, "You are an absolute vision."

I grinned. I can always can on her to say I'm pretty, and smart, and funny. Like I said, for all her faults, she was always giving, including the compliments. I flushed a little and kissed her. "Thanks, that was the idea. So, what do you have in mind?"

She gave me a devilish smile and opened the limousine door for me. "M'lady."

The limousine somehow felt bigger in the inside than it looked on the outside. The was also champagne with a bit of a pink color to it and glasses for Ellen to pour us some. As she closed the door and picked up the champagne bottle, she said to the driver. "Rockefeller Center, my man."

I couldn't contain my happiness. I'd always wanted to go to Rockefeller Center. Mostly I wanted to go in winter, but I never could. However, summer wasn't a bad option either. It was already getting dark by the time we arrived. And the place was stunning, everything I wanted and more. But I didn't get to see it for too long.

Ellen gave me a dark handkerchief and asked me to blindfold. Okay, this could be either very good, or very bad.

She guided me through the place, I could hear people talking and laughing and at some point I'm pretty sure I even smelled what could only be described as orgasmic food, but no matter how much I insisted, Ellen won't let me take the blindfold off. I almost blamed myself for not just doing a bad knot and being able to see through it.