020

"Fuck you

"Fuck you." Everyone looked up, Spencer shaking his head as he laughed. I stuck out my tongue, everyone trying to hide their own laughs at my overly childish reaction.

"It's not my fault that you suck at chess, my love." I rolled my eyes up at the brunette, pushing the pieces away from me and lying back in my chair. It'd been months without seeing my sister, and we'd finally found her. I know, quite a time skip... but, we'd found her. She was pretty much untouched other than a few hits and bruises, but she was as happy as the sun on a sunny day when we found her. I'm sure it will take a toll on her mental state a bit later on, but for now we were acting like nothing had happened since that's what she'd asked us to do.

"Can you guys stop being all lovey dovey? It's gross." I laughed at the sixteen year old standing before me, looking back to my mother and father who'd been passed out on the khaki jet couches. They'd been up for hours, something the average non FBI profiler wasn't so used to. Aside from that, I wasn't even supposed to be flying since I was nearly due, but here I was.

"So, El... any day now?" Morgan pulled out one of his earbuds, and I just shook my head. Spencer had grabbed one of his many, many books, but I knew he was listening in when the corner of his mouth turned up.

"Yep, the doctor said sometime next week..." Everyone nearly gasped, small chuckles leaving me as I continued to explain. "I'm honestly hoping I go into labor as soon as we land though. I can't handle being a balloon much longer. I need to pop." Everyone stated their own little replies, JJ agreeing with me and how I was feeling as she'd experienced it first hand.

"You'll be able to wear your skinny jeans again! No more stretchy bands!" I laughed at her joke, watching as the blonde patted my tummy. I couldn't wait for this baby to leave my body...

-

I woke up and turned to the clock, it was eight in the morning and I groaned. Why was I up so fucking early on a Saturday? I turned back over and saw Spencer was fast asleep, struggling to get up and pee as I didn't want to wake him.

After I finally managed to get out of bed with little to no sound, I tip toed to the bathroom and flipped on the light switch.

After I did my business I washed my hands, but as I was walking back to bed I felt... wet? I looked down, and there was a puddle of water beneath me. My eyes widened, and I watched as Spencer rolled over. He started patting his hands where I'd once been laying, but he sat up up when he realized I wasn't there.

"Uh, Spence?" He rubbed his eyes for a minute or two, eventually groaning then stretching out his arms.

"Hm?" I guess he didn't see what had happened at first, but when he did he smiled. "Get in the car, I'll gather your things." He jumped out of bed, setting a soft kiss on my lips then racing around to get all of our things. All I could do was smile, grabbing my phone then walking out to the car.

I called my mom as I waited, and she told me she'd tell everyone else which I appreciated. I decided I'd let Spencer call the team, since it was still pretty early and I knew that they were tired. I couldn't believe that this was happening... like, it was actually... happening.

-

I was exhausted, but as soon as the nurse handed me my baby, I smiled wide. I watched as Spencer walked over looking almost as tired as me, leaning down on the bed and staring down at our little angels perfect complexion.

She had his eyes, and my nose. I was in pain, but I was smiling through it. "Can I hold her?" I looked up at Spencer, his eyes glistening as he waited for a response. I looked down at the baby girl one last time, before I nodded and handed her off. I laid back and watched in awe as he talked to her, her eyes peeling opened as her little fingers tugged around his thumb.

"Knock, knock!" I looked over to the door and saw Pen, Derek quick to follow her in with a few boxes filled with chocolates, toys, flowers, and some other things. I grinned.

"Hey." My voice was low, but in reality I was overjoyed. All of my favorite people, all in one room.

"Hotch and the everyone else is on their way, but we ju-" Morgan was quickly cut off when Emily literally slipped into the room, JJ grabbing her arm and helping her up.

"Fuck- ah, hey!" I giggled, my voice kind of raspy from the painful yelling I'd been doing only a few minutes ago. I watched as the others slowly piled in, Hotch and Jack holding up coffee and crumb cakes which made my mouth almost water from the smell. I was starving.

"Yeah, give me whatever's in that bag." Everyone laughed, but Hotch just nudged Jack causing him to grab his arm and send Aaron a look.

"We got your favorite." I looked down at the many different pastries, raising a brow and watching as Jack fidgeted. "Okay, well, we were hoping one of them would be you favorite." I watched him nod as he clearly was satisfied with his response, and I just lightly chuckled while shaking my head.

"Thank you all for coming." Everyone smiled, the girls and Morgan making their way over to where Spencer was holding the baby. I watched as they took turns rocking her back and forth, but I especially smiled when Morgan held her. She seemed the most at ease around him out of all of our friends, but none of them could top how peacefully she laid in Spencer's arms.

"So, what's the pretty girls name?" Derek brought her over to the bed, rocking her right over where I was stuffing my face. I slightly laughed, looking to Spencer then signaling for him to walk over and help me answer.

"Her names, Mathilde." We spoke in sync, everyone cooing and helping us decide on the perfect middle name... and then- we found it.

-

"Welcome home, Mathilde Blake." I smiled down at my little girl, Spencer's arm wrapped around my waist as I placed her down in her crib. We stood in silence for awhile, just watching as she dozed off and slept before I finally turned and left a soft kiss on his lips. He smirked.

"Are you happy?" I pulled away, but I ultimately smiled, which made him smile. I didn't even need to use my words, he just knew. I was as happy as ever. "Good."

"I love you," I kissed him again, and just as he was about to return the words, the baby started crying. I groaned, Spencer laughed. "Is this our life now?" I rocked the baby back and forth, Spencer's eyes bubbling up with adoration.

"I guess so." He handed me a bottle he for some reason had stuffed in his back pocket, his thin hands wrapping a bib around the baby's body as I began to feed her.

"Well, Spencer Reid, I wouldn't live the white picket fence life with anybody else, but you."

-

a/n
AHHH THE END!! i've been pushing myself to wrap this book up for a while now, but i finally did it. i definitely got some encouragement from some other stories, but i'm really glad i finally did it. i've had a blast writing and growing this story with you guys, and i feel like a part of me is leaving now that it's finally over.

not to worry though, i have a new book in the works currently😼 it's another spencer reid book, the idea of this one being enemies to lovers. and don't worry for my non instinct maternal besties, there won't be any babies in this one😉

my final goodbye and finish date-

tuesday may 18th, 2021, at 9:59 pm est.

hope you enjoyed,

-liz<3

1397 words