Part 1

The brunette made his way through the school gates. He was sure he's already late enough, so he didn't hurry to class. He entered his classroom and was greeted by a mildly disappointed teacher staring at him.

"Dazai-kun, do you know what time it is!?" asked Sakaguchi Ango, their English teacher. The brunette took some time to answer as he faked searching for something on his bandaged wrist.

"Hm... is it time for break yet?" Dazai asked with a big grin on his face. Ango glared at him while the class just laughed at the brunette's joke. The teacher motioned Dazai to sit down at once before continuing his lesson. He really didn't have time to spend on delinquents.

Ten minutes after the brunette sat down, the bell rang. Daza smiled at his shortened hour and got up to meet with his friends at their usual spot. He made his way through the hallways and through the backdoor of the school, arriving at a sakura tree under which stood two people.

"Dazai-san!" one of them called. He had white hair with weirdly-cut bangs and shining purple-gold eyes. Beside him stood a rather thin guy with black hair that had white ends and grey eyes.

"Oh, Atsushi-kun, how's it going?" the brunette said whilst sitting down. "We were just talking about prom in a few months. Are you going?" said the albino smiling. Dazai took some time to answer as he was lost in thought. He did have all of the girls' attention thanks to his handsome looks, but none of them attracted him.

"No, I don't think so..." "Huh? Really? But, Dazai-san! You can't miss it! I'm sure everyone will vote for you as the prom king. Even Akutagawa here admitted he would!" said Atsushi, as the black-haired boy lightly punched him. "Shut up, Jinko, for your own good." he said with a glare.

Dazai started laughing at the events as the two freshmen beside him were starting an argument. "Oh, a fight! How fun!" exclaimed the junior brunette. "OI, SENPAI! WHAT KIND OF MENTOR ARE YOU-" exclaimed the albino as Akutagawa grabbed the longer part of his hair. "JINKO, HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT DAZAI-SAN!" The fight got even worse as the reason they were fighting stood and enjoyed the show.

Sadly, the bell rang, announcing another hour full of nothing but suffering. Dazai distanced himself from the freshman duo, heading back to class. Looks like he'd arrived earlier than the teacher so he went to sit down at his usual desk at the back of the classroom.

The history teacher, Sakunosuke Oda, joined not long after, handing every student a paper. "I hope you didn't forget to study for today's test." he said, amused at the teens' reactions. It was obvious they were destined to fail. The teacher sat down at his desk, hoping that at least one of his students was going to pass his class.

Everyone started to write whatever they thought was right, in hopes that they'll get at least a D. One bandaged teen though had this one in the bag. He is Oda's nephew after all, so of course, he'd know at least 15% of what was written on the test. It didn't take long for him to hand it in and relax in his chair, waiting for the bell to ring. The teacher was rather surprised to see Dazai hand in his test first but figured he probably had cheated, looking at the answers in his home office drawer.

Whilst waiting for the lunch break to arrive, Dazai thought about what Atsushi had told him. 'Is prom even worth going to? I mean, it seems rather obnoxiously loud and full of lights, and don't get me started on the drunk students.' He started playing with his pen as he thought about all the girls asking him to prom. 'If only they'd ask me for a double suicide...'

After an hour full of torture for the other students, Dazai made his way to the cafeteria. Today was pudding day and he wasn't going to miss it for anything in the world. He took his portion and started making his way to the rooftop. He was thankful to not have tripped or bumped into someone because he was sure that if he did he would have dropped his delicious and long-awaited lunch.

He arrived at the rooftop and sat down at one of the tables. It was rather empty since it was the start of autumn. The brunette never minded the cold so he'd always spend time here or at the sakura tree behind the school no matter the season. He took a bite out of his pudding and felt as if he reached heaven. It tasted so good, he'd do anything just to eat some every day. The freshmen's bell rang as Dazai finished his lunch and looked at the edge of the roof. He knew that the height wasn't enough to kill him if he decided to jump, and he dreaded the thought of getting hurt, so he just admired the scenery that was unfolding in front of him.

He couldn't wait for school to be over so he could go to his usual place to hang out. It was a modest house at the end of the city in which lived a short-tempered man who would do anything to keep the brunette away from his life. Too bad he failed multiple times and now he has to deal with that bandage-wasting device almost daily. Dazai smiled at the thought of going to see his friend again after school and got really impatient. 'I wonder how I'll tease him today fu fu fu~".

~timeskip after school~

Dazai made his way out as he waved at his two friends. He hurried to his friend's place and stopped just to get some flowers on the way. He was sure his friend would love his gift. 'Maybe he'll burn them again' the brunette smiled at his own thought.

After an hour or so, he arrived. Without knocking, he opened the door as if it were his own house and started looking around. "Chuuya~ I'm home!" Dazai sang and didn't even bother taking off his shoes. He got a whiff of smoke coming from the kitchen so he went to check it out.

At the kitchen window sat Chuuya, smoking a cigarette and looking lost in thought. He was, to say the least, ethereal. His azure eyes were glimmering with the sun outside and his auburn hair was giving out a warm sensation. He was wearing an unbuttoned white shirt, letting his abdomen show, and some light green pants. It seemed as if he hadn't noticed Dazai so the brunette took the chance to surprise him. He approached the ginger and took the cigarette out of his mouth, putting it in his own and puffing some smoke. Startled, Chuuya immediately turned his head to the uninvited acquaintance and looked at him surprised. "What the fuck are you doing here?? Didn't I tell you to stay away for once?!" asked the annoyed ginger as Dazai blew some air in his face. "But how can I stay away from the person I love?~" he teased. Chuuya gritted his teeth and punched the brunette in his chin. "Fucking bastard, don't touch my cigarettes!" the ginger yelled as he took his cigarette back. Dazai massaged his now injured chin and grinned at Chuuyas reaction.

Chuuya observed the flowers in Dazai's hand and looked quite puzzled. "You got a date?" the ginger asked in a surprised voice, pointing at the brunette's occupied hand. Dazai observed the situation and thought that it wouldn't hurt to make his chibi jealous. The brunette smirked "Why, yes! I wanted you to be the first one to find out! I was sure you'd be happy with the news." The ginger looked unimpressed as he puffed his cigarette. "Wow, really? That's great I guess?" said the ginger as he turned away to sit back at the window. "If that's the case then why are you still here bothering me? Shouldn't you be getting ready?"

Dazai looked disappointed with the reaction so he took the chance to fluster the ginger. "Well, you ARE my date, so I was here to pick you up-" "HA?!" Chuuya turned around to face Dazai once more, this time with a thick blush covering his face. "T-the hell are you saying bastard?!" the ginger exclaimed, cursing himself for stuttering. "I never even agreed with that! Stop fucking teasing me!" Chuuya shoved Dazai aside as he walked to the table, putting out his cigarette.

"Aww, chibi is so cute when he's embarrassed~" the brunette pointed out, just to receive another punch, this time in the gut. Dazai fell on his knees, panting from the loss of air, as Chuuya went outside on his porch. "Dumbass didn't even take off his shoes..." mumbled the ginger. He smiled softly at the thought of the brunette visiting him once more and took out another cigarette. This was going to be a long day for him.