Part 5

There was no one around. It's like Chuuya's whole world had stopped. It was dark and empty. He was standing in the middle of nothing but the darkness of his mind. It was dead silent. Chuuya started walking around at a slow pace, knowing he'd get nowhere either way. Was this a path to the afterlife? He didn't know. He couldn't feel his limbs as he was walking aimlessly into the darkness.

That was until he heard a familiar voice. He heard it, but couldn't pinpoint the location of it. After some time, he heard it again. It was a dull voice, devoid of any emotion. It was calling his name. He turned his head in all of the directions he thought he heard it. Then it appeared in front of him. It was a shadowy figure. It looked as if he was staring into a mirror. The figure looked exactly like him, besides its red-marked skin and white, empty eyes.

Out of the blue, the figure grabbed Chuuya's throat and lifted him up with little to no effort. "Don't move without permission." it said in a dark voice. Chuuya continued to choke in its grasp, but unwillingly stopped his movement. It was as if he'd lost control of his body. All he could do was breathe heavily. The figure let go of Chuuyas neck as he fell onto the ground.

"I am but a sickness." the figure said, turning its back to the half-conscious ginger "One you can't get rid of." That was the last thing Chuuya heard before he shot up from what seemed to be a hospital bed. He was still panting from the horrible dream he had. He was so terrified that he didn't notice a brunette repeatedly saying his name.

"Chuuya! Are you okay??" Dazai called, but when seeing that the ginger wasn't responding, he continued saying his name, hoping to get him out of the trance he was captive in at that moment. He did just wake up from a coma, so it wasn't going to be easy to talk to him. Chuuya's gaze snapped at the brunette. "D-Dazai?! What the hell happened??" he asked in a panicked voice. Dazai sighed in relief as he embraced the ginger.

"You were asleep for almost three weeks." Chuuya looked dumbfounded. It's like he couldn't remember what had happened. "W-why that long?" Chuuya asked with a hint of worry in his voice that Dazai observed immediately. "They had to take the drugs out of your system." he said, letting go of Chuuya and going to sit back in his chair. It was silent for a while. Chuuya began remembering the events that partook before he fell into a coma.

"Why?" Dazai asked in a serious voice, breaking the silence. The ginger looked at him, waiting for a continuation. "Why did you do it?" the brunette finished. Chuuya felt guilt wash over his body like the ocean waves. Why? Why did he do such a horrible thing? Because he was poor? Helpless? Alone? No, those never bothered him. He was selfish. He thought that if he dies, he'll get to live a better life. He wanted to leave this life full of sorrow behind.

He stared at Dazai for a while before taking a deep breath. "Because I deserve it." The latter stared confused. Deserve it? Is Chuuya insane? "What are you sayin-" "I'm a drug addict, Dazai. I'm not the good person you think I am. I'm not that lively and full of hope person you used to know. Would it be wrong or right if I took my life tonight? It seems as if all I bring is suffering to everyone around me. Even you. So why even bother-"

His words were cut short when Dazai hugged him in a tight embrace. Quiet sobs were heard coming from him. "Why didn't you tell me all of this..." He asked out of breath. It was the truth, and even so, Chuuya felt horrible for telling him all of that in a moment of weakness. He hugged the brunette back "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." Chuuya kept whispering. It didn't make Dazai feel better in the least. He felt as if his heart was breaking into a million pieces in that very second.

"Please... just never do it again. I can pay you a therapist. I'm sure we can fix this." Chuuya nodded in disagreement "No, I don't want to drag you into my own problems-" "And what if I come willingly?" Chuuya's eyes widened. He couldn't believe Dazai of all people would want to help with his mental health. He hesitantly agreed and the brunette parted from the hug just a little to look into Chuuya's eyes. They didn't seem as distant and empty as before, which made Dazai sigh in relief once again.

"I promise I won't leave your side for even a second!~" Dazai sang. "Ugh- I'd rather die than having you around for even a minute." said the ginger with a smirk. Dazai made one of his dramatic acts and they both ended up laughing.

"Thank you, Dazai." the said one giggled "Any time, chibi!~"