Part 2

When Dazai finally caught his breath from the punch he'd received earlier, he got up and picked up the flowers that were now scattered on the floor. He put them in a water vase and placed it on the kitchen table beside him. He stared at them for a while, collecting his thoughts, then started heading out to search for the ginger.

Chuuya was still smoking on his porch whilst listening to the radio conveniently placed on one of the windows outside. He was tapping his foot on the rhythm of a song that was playing and looked quite peaceful. Well, that wouldn't last long. The brunette jump-hugged the smaller and he dropped his second cigarette. "Ack- Dazai you shithead!" The taller didn't answer as he tightened the grip on the ginger. "Oh, Chuuya~ You have no idea how excited I was to come to visit you!" the brunette exclaimed.

Chuuya scoffed and tried getting out of the embrace. "You already come here daily, don't you have a home or something??" the ginger said annoyed. Dazai did have a home, but he'd rather never go back to that place. His father is the main reason as to why the brunette hates going there. Dazai sighed and let go of the ginger. "I'd rather just live with you..." he said with a pout. "Ha?! But aren't you like, super-rich or something?? I barely have money to buy food for myself. Why spend your days in a shit place like this?!" Chuuya said, genuinely curious about the motive.

The brunette stood silent for a while. All you could hear was the tall grass in front of them being caressed by the cold wind. After what felt like hours, Dazai finally spoke up "Because I like spending time with you." Upon hearing this, Chuuyas eyes widened, and then his expression changed into one of annoyance when he heard the brunette's next line. "And you look super lonely so I can't just leave you alone-" "Bastard, shut up." said the annoyed ginger.

His expression softened as he stared at the sunset. It was as if he'd fallen into a trance. The beautiful surroundings which were stained by pink and yellow-ish tones had taken over his mind and relieved him of stress for a few seconds. He even forgot about the brunette sitting next to him. He shot up from his spot and walked over to his small garage. Dazai followed, knowing where this was going. Chuuya started buttoning up his shirt.

The ginger always took long rides with the sunset, it really made him feel as if nothing bad ever happened in his life, as if he hadn't been disowned and abandoned by everyone he knew and loved. He felt as if he let go of everything life had done him wrong. He got up on his pink bike and started the engine. He, of course, was too absorbed by the scenery to actually notice that a certain brunette had done the same and was holding onto him. Chuuya started driving his bike at a high speed like he wasn't afraid of an accident or actually dying.

Dazai smiled at the thought of dying with his beloved, so he didn't complain about the speed at all, instead, he just rested his chin on Chuuya's shoulder, holding him close. The ginger was still too mesmerized by the atmosphere to actually notice the brunette's warmth surrounding him, making him feel almost safe. They rode for about three hours before stopping in the middle of an empty field. Chuuya loved spending his time in nature due to him being (supposedly) born in the countryside. The ginger got off his bike before positioning it against a tree and falling on the short grass. Dazai followed and sat next to him. "The stars are beautiful tonight..." Chuuya pointed out, not moving his gaze from the now illuminated sky.

The brunette hummed in return and later laid next to the ginger. Chuuya looked almost sad. Dazai stared at the ginger trying to figure out why he was giving out this kind of depressing aura, when the man himself spoke up. "I wish I could have been able to watch the stars with my family." he said with a saddened smile. Dazai's eyes widened in shock. He'd almost forgotten that the ginger got disowned by his parents when he was just three years old and was forced to live his teen years in an old orphanage in the countryside.