Part 6

Strolling through the chilly night, the brunette was headed to his ordeal. His steps fell heavy on the excuse of a porch the person he's always resented possessed. The creaks caused by the ancient planks under his feet were the only thing he could apprehend. His mind was blank as his hand wandered to the white hardwood door. He tapped it twice, half-hoping the person on the other end wouldn't hear. The stillness of death had then settled upon the young man. He waited: waited for a signal to take his leave and return to the arms of his beloved. 

Before long, the gates of hell had opened, behind which stood a tall man with black hair and distinct purple eyes. The said man sneered before opening the door even further. That simple action made the brunettes blood run cold and his legs gave up for just a split second. His whole world came to a halt as he remembered the horrendous acts the man in front of him had committed. 

"Dazai-kun," the man said in a bitter voice, forbidding the brunette from thinking any further. "I knew you'd return. A demon is always a demon, I suppose. And a demon cannot function without its master, isn't that right?" The man placed a hand on the others shoulder, making him flinch. "Welcome home." Dazai gazed at the man in front of him, then at the scenery behind the door. Dread started filling his body as he remembered everything. Everything he worked so hard to forget.

"Mori-san..." he hesitated. There was another wave of uneasiness crashing onto the poor boy. "...I'm not coming back." he announced in a ghastly voice. The grip on his shoulder abruptly hardened, making the brunette winch in pain. "Hm? And where are you planning to go? In case you've forgotten, I saved you from starvation all those years ago. You have no one. No one in this world would even take a second glance at you." Those words hit the brunette hard as his legs finally ceded. 

Soft whimpers could be heard from the younger as he curled up even further. He truly felt alone. Mori was right. He was a demon, one that has to suffer for his sins by living this shameful life of his. He has no right to love or be loved. 

"...ai?"

But why wouldn't he have the right? He never chose this life, nor does he want to continue it. Why is he still alive? He's never truly had someone to care for, did he?

"...zai?!" 

Why is he still breathing? What's the reason for that? Oh right... It's because of him-

"Dazai?!"

"Huh...?" bittersweet hair was hanging upon his face, caressing it gently. "Are you okay? Wait- why are you crying?!" The brunette appeared appalled as he finally made eye contact with cobalt spheres. He felt his chest tighten. He smiled in remedy before finally answering. "I am now." 

Dazai swiftly pulled the smaller into a tight embrace, both falling back on the bed in the process. "Dazai?!-" the said one buried his face in the crook of Chuuya's neck. "Please don't go." he whispered from between the others auburn locks. It was clear that the taller was in a state of shock as he was still panting and crying with seemingly no end. The ginger sighed before wrapping his arms safely around the taller and whispered sweet nothings into his ear. Dazai adjusted to Chuuya's breath and slowly regained his composure before looking up at the ethereal figure laying on top of him. 

This was it. This feeling he'd never fully comprehended nor understood. Dazai loved the ginger. Even if it was a sin, he'd do anything for the smaller, even risking his own life. The thought of Chuuya slipping out of his sight was frightening. The brunette couldn't imagine a future without him. It seemed as if Chuuya really was the only good thing he had left in this world he'd always despised. 

Dazai ran his hands in Chuuyas soft curls while humming the same song he'd heard the smaller sing in their distant past. He wished he could finally tell the ginger how he felt. He's been in love with him ever since they were both little. It was love at first sight for the brunette. He can still faintly hear Chuuya's laughs whenever Dazai would "lose" (he'd never admit to it though) at a video game they were so fired up about. 

Chuuya was the only one he cared about. Mori would continuously abuse Dazai and his little adoptive brother until there was no hope left conveying onto their eyes. He was living in a neverending nightmare that he couldn't wake up from until this short boy with fiery hair and a destructive personality woke him up to face a new and brighter world. Who would've thought that the demon prodigy could feel something more than hatred and sorrow? Without notice, a sugary smile crept its way onto his lips. He's finally made up his mind. He will not let Chuuya slip onto the other world. Not alone, at that.